AMESFANCLUB
February 17, 2018, 03:08:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 30........avg of 30 pepole visit here daily...................

ROCK....on!!!!!!!!!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retail in general  (Read 1987 times)
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 10:12:25 PM »

My message to all retailers:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:15:12 PM by ShopKoFan » Logged

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »

I didn't say it was a good thing, but we ARE working towards a world
where nobody leaves the couch.

Unless the Internet crashes...

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 03:17:13 AM »

If anything, the only brick-and-mortar retailers that would benefit from frequent visits are computer and electronics stores if there is a future where 99% of everything else is done online. How else would people buy a replacement for their broken computer/streaming video player/TV/video game console/cell phone? You can't buy a new computer online if your computer does not work, right?

I believe that if the national chain retailers cease to exist, there might be a resurgence in local mom-and-pop retail, just like how vinyl records made a comeback.

Come on!

Those self-driving cars have to take you somewhere!

Or maybe brick-and-mortar retailers can lure in potential customers to play Pokemon GO in their store, just as long as they purchase something while doing it (maybe they have a level 30 Pikachu or a level 55 Jigglypuff in their store).

Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:03 AM »

I have to shop in the store.

I wear size 13 wide/extra wide sneakers, shoes, and boots. Once I ordered a pair of size 13 wide boots out of a catalog and when they arrived, they did not fit. They fit as if they were a regular size 13.

I also have to try on shirts. 3XL sometimes fit, but generally they're too short for my liking, so I usually just buy 4XL. A different 3XL shirt was too tight. When I worked at Hobby Lobby my 2XL work shirts fit just fine. Even big enough for me to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath. Hobby Lobby (at least in Bristol, Connecticut) is set up very poorly. The registers are right in front of the doors to enter/exit the store. Gets very cold in the winter opening and closing.

I wear size 40 jeans. I buy them at Walmart - mainly Walmart's in-house brand Faded Glory or Wrangler. However the last time I bought Wrangler jean shorts last year size 40 was too small and I had to get 42s.  (And when I wore 42 jeans I had to buy 44 shorts). Even weirder for a while (until I gained 15 pounds) 40s were too big, but 38s were too tight. (With the 15 pound weight gain the 40s fit find now. LOL).

Brammy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: