Brick and mortar record stores stage revival

Started by retailisking, April 21, 2017, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieJ1984

Funny you post this because, I too have been getting into getting records again, always enjoyed playing my dad's when I was younger.
Got a few then got an Audio Technica LP-60 and yea going out to flea markets, thrift stores and last weekend I went to a record store (Positively Records in Levittown) it's really cool.
There is something very nice about having to go through the records (I'm already up to 20 albums) and playing them, especially once you clean them, and seeing the artwork all big is nice.
Playing music from the computer or an mp3 player (and I never got into playing it from my phone too much) is nice like when I'm running or in my car, but at home, the experience of putting the record on it nice, I enjoy cd's too, but I think people have missed putting the effort to listen to music, because you remember listening to an album more when you set the record up, listen it to, after the 4th song or whatever have to flip it, its good stuff.

I avoided record store day because I didn't want to look for records in a crowded store lol..

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: EddieJ1984 on April 22, 2017, 02:20:04 PM
Funny you post this because, I too have been getting into getting records again, always enjoyed playing my dad's when I was younger.
Got a few then got an Audio Technica LP-60 and yea going out to flea markets, thrift stores and last weekend I went to a record store (Positively Records in Levittown) it's really cool.
There is something very nice about having to go through the records (I'm already up to 20 albums) and playing them, especially once you clean them, and seeing the artwork all big is nice.
Playing music from the computer or an mp3 player (and I never got into playing it from my phone too much) is nice like when I'm running or in my car, but at home, the experience of putting the record on it nice, I enjoy cd's too, but I think people have missed putting the effort to listen to music, because you remember listening to an album more when you set the record up, listen it to, after the 4th song or whatever have to flip it, its good stuff.

I avoided record store day because I didn't want to look for records in a crowded store lol..

I've also seen new vinyl records being carried at my local Shopko and Hot Topic stores very recently. I also find a lot of old vinyl records at thrift shops for less than a dollar. If they have great songs on them, I tend to purchase them.