Spectrum Reallocation (Repack) Results

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), April 14, 2017, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

This tool contains the full set of repack channel assignments. It relates them by READS Rank, Transition Phase, Operator, and in other ways. The rows are color-coded, with light blue meaning repacked within its current band, green meaning UHF to high-VHF, yellow meaning high-VHF to low-VHF, and red meaning UHF to low-VHF. Uncolored rows are unchanged. Each row also contains links to some of the other tools mentioned here. (One thing that is not mentioned here is which stations elected one or both channel sharing options; stations going off the air in any case are gray. There were so few stations that did not check one or both options that it did not make sense to include support for a feature that would only exclude 10-15 stations total.)

https://www.rabbitears.info/repackchannels.php

TheFugitive

In my case this means I will lose access to COZI, Movies! and Retro TV.

Those are carried by WEPA, which is actually a network of 11 low-power stations covering
Western PA and Northern WV.  The two channels which actually reach my house have
been sold and will be shutting down.  Some others will remain on, but at this point
none of their signals makes it to my house.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: TheFugitive on April 21, 2017, 03:07:45 PM
In my case this means I will lose access to COZI, Movies! and Retro TV.

Those are carried by WEPA, which is actually a network of 11 low-power stations covering
Western PA and Northern WV.  The two channels which actually reach my house have
been sold and will be shutting down.  Some others will remain on, but at this point
none of their signals makes it to my house.
I'm guessing those networks will have to become digital subchannels once the ATSC 3.0 standards are adopted.