Main Menu

Music

Started by giantsfan2016, September 17, 2016, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

I like a wide variety music from Hip-Hop to 50s-80 Oldies to Country.

Today's hip-hop music for the most part is lousy. I used to listen to HOT 93.7 a lot. Now for the most part I only tune into that station during their Reggae Show on Friday Morning.

Then I also like KOOL 96.1 which plays 60s-70s-80s music. At first it was an okay station. My 22 year old best friend even likes it. But lately the station is getting dull and predictable. How many times can you hear "Fly Like an Eagle", "Magic Carpet Ride", or "Hotel California" without going insane? What's worse is sometimes they've been playing the same song at the same exact time on different days!

I can't afford the data I need to listen to a service on my phone such as Pandora.

TheFugitive

Two of my favorite stations are WKHB and WKFB, both located in Westmoreland County (suburban Pittsburgh) PA.

During the daytime WKHB is 100% brokered, mainly with medical infomercial shows.  That's not when I listen.  Starting at 7:15PM and going till 8 the next morning, they play continuous Top 40 music from the 60's up through the 90's, Commercial Free!

Sister Station WKFB is also brokered.  Afternoons feature a medical infomercial and a union organizing talk show.  In the mornings however they have several hours of doo-wop hosted by Frankie Day (local businessman Frank Dittig, who buys the time to play his favorite tunes).  The rest of the time it is automated commercial free music from the 50's and 60's.

Both stations now have FM translators so the commercial free music plays all night long.

giantsfan2016

I've been a fan of Freestyle music for 13 years. A new freestyle show just launched a couple weeks ago on MEGA 101.7/910 in Hartford. It airs Sundays 7PM-9PM, but last night it aired til 10PM. It's hosted by Richie Rich Orjeda. Go onto Tune-In and look up MEGA 910. It's also simulcast on Facebook Live. Look up MEGA Hartford.