Foot Locker

Started by truviking05, June 21, 2005, 11:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truviking05

Okay. I checked, but there might already be a Foot Locker thread. If not, well, here it is! Let's discuss all Foot Lockers--Lady's Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, whatever. I just have a few things to say to start this off:

Up until about March, my mall had an extremely old school Foot Locker store. I mean, this place had the chrome signage with the faded burnt orange letters, wood paneling on the inside, and a basketball hoop complete with digital scoreboard above the register area. I know this place was old also by the fact that Reebok's ancient logo was on the wall, along with the retro logos of New Balance, Nike, and Adidas! The new store is nice looking with a pale green store front styled to look like metal. I think it's bigger too--a completely different layout. And the old store is still there--just with a metal grille over the entrance. You can still see inside and everything--the signage is still up! I would take pics of this place if it weren't for my mall's "no photography of premises and interior without management's permission" policy...

On a trip to a mall about 30 miles away this weekend, I spied a store just like this but with a dark wood facade rather than chrome--still open!!

Jag67

AWW!!!! Our main place mall has that too. BLAH. We have a Champs store in our Eastern Hills Mall that sounds a lot like your description of the retro foot locker store. Heck, maybe it used to be one!!

truviking05

We have a Champs too, it even has a chrome storefront as well.

I have been patronizing this mall since the age of 2 months (lol) and as far as I can remember, Champs and Foot Locker had never, ever changed.

Jag67

yep, this one is certainly old. Has a very 80's look to it

store215

I avoid all these overpriced shoe stores. I always get my sneakers at Value City (name brands).

FYI: Foot Locker (and Champs too) are owned by the Woolworh family...it is ironic how they went from a "5 and dime" to selling 5 cent Nikes with $100 price tag.

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
AWW!!!! Our main place mall has that too. BLAH. We have a Champs store in our Eastern Hills Mall that sounds a lot like your description of the retro foot locker store. Heck, maybe it used to be one!!

That Eastern Hills Champs is way too big for an old-school Foot Locker.  I remember when they first opened locally probably around 85 or 86, the store at the Seneca Mall at that time could probably fit three times into a current version of Foot Locker.

d_fife

Ameskid

Sure wish I knew where this was...

Foot Locker, 1979 by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Foot Locker, 1979 by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Hudsons81

Lady Foot Locker, Southland Center, Taylor, Michigan, 1989. Picture courtesy of the Downriver Things Flickr page.

TRU7536

Foot Locker seems t be opening up this new concept store

Pikapower

^"House of Hoops" let me guess a store that sells basketball apparel?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

JimSawhill

Quote from: store215 on June 21, 2005, 11:08:58 PM
I avoid all these overpriced shoe stores. I always get my sneakers at Value City (name brands).

FYI: Foot Locker (and Champs too) are owned by the Woolworh family...it is ironic how they went from a "5 and dime" to selling 5 cent Nikes with $100 price tag.

LOL...that's funny...