flea market

Started by LazarusFan, June 20, 2005, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazarusFan

Does anyone what happened to this company?

I know of only two former locations.  One was in Portsmouth, Ohio now a Big Lots and Family Dollar location.  Another was in just west of Marrieta, Ohio which is now a Rink's flea market.  The entire store is still in tact.

Anonymous

We had a Rinks in Lima, OH.  I don't remember it, but my parents have talked a lot about it.  I do know that it was turned into a Toys R Us and a Pharm store that closed last year.

Anonymous

There was a Rink's in Bowling Green, OH. I think it was in the Big Lots Plaza on South Main. Bowling Green also had a "Murphy's Mart" that later became Ames and then closed in the early 90's. We also had a brand new Hill's for about five years. I think it closed in 95 or something. We also had "Harts"... it's a Kroger now.

Anonymous

Rinks was awesome! It was a low budget no frills store that had a great toy department & great record & tape selection.  Rinks was purchased by Consolidated stores which also owned Cooks, Ontarios, Uncle bens, & a few more.  Once they purchased it...it was never the same. Consolidated had $$$ problems & slowly but surely went under. There were Rinks in Dayton Ohio, Hamilton Ohio, Fairfield Ohio, Cincinnati Ohio, & other areas too.  The one that lasted the longest that I know of was in Harrison Ohio. It survived about 3 yrs after all the rest in Ohio closed. When it closed it became a Kmart. Thanks, Dwayne

Anonymous

The former Rink's store near Marietta Ohio is now a flea market and almost the whole store is the same, signage remains, and the design and paint haven't changed either. It is a great way to look back at what was a fantastic store.

Birdsong

WOW! Rinks has been gone about 24 years....that is amazing the signage is still there. There was a location on Hamilton Ave in Cincinnati that became "Rinks Flea Market" it stayed open a long time that way making use of the old signage as well. I have not been in Cincy a long time but i think i emember a relative saying it closed some time ago. Is there any chance you might could post us some pics of this old Rinks? Thanks, Dwayne