Horrible Car models that were produced.

Started by HoJofan206, June 20, 2005, 01:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

That was a pic of the Omega that you posted and funny thing is, you posted a 1984 version which looked MUCH better than the original 1981 version...that one was REALLY ugly.  :yup:

Zayre88

Here are two early 80's Omega, the above picture was a Firenza.

Truly ugly and it has same body style used on the Pontiac Phoenix and Chevy Citation.

tokensafari

The Chrysler New Yorker was the luxury model under Chrysler, The Dodge Dynasty was actually the value car of the two.

HoJofan206

Yes, the first pic posted is a Olds Firenza, but somone had posted a link to an 84 Omega a post or two before it.  The two most recent pics posted also are Omega's but they too, are not the truely ugly one I am speaking of.  The body style is exactly the same but the front grill on the one I am speaking of goes up and over the front hood.  I think it was suppose to be a throwback to the 1970's Cutlass Supreme's but it just made the boxy lil car look even worse!  I wonder why only Pontiac (Phoenix) and Chevy (Citation) had hatchback models as well.  The Omega, Skylark, and Cimarron (Cady) did not.  :huh::huh:  I think all of those cars were produced/sold from model years 1980 to 1985.

HoJofan206

Of all of these cars sold, the Buick Skylark and Cadillac Cimarron were the best looking.  BUT, the Cadillac really was nothing more than a fancied up Cavalier.  The 1984 Cavalier and Cimmaron were almost identical.

HoJofan206

I just thought of another one.  The Pontiac Fiero.  Man those cars were ugly!!  They only lasted from 1984 to 1988 because they caught on fire if they were rear ended in an accident.  Actually the 87/88 version didnt look nearly as bad as the original one.  I remember that was always the grand prize on the 1980's game show called, "Name that Tune" :insane:

Ameskid

I love the Fiero! But the Ford Windstar was a piece of total crud! Haiku:
Ford windstar.
Small, crappy.
Ugly
Took it on a bad bad trip.
I smelled smoke!
(I'm not kidding about that last part! Everyone else did, too!)
Toyota Sienna is great, but the door handle buttons get stuck all the time!
Mazda 323/626
Isuzu Amigo
Mazda MPV
New Nissan Xterra
Jeep Wagoneer/Cherokee
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

HoJofan206

Does anyone remember this sexy little beast produced by ford in the late 1980's/early 1990's called the Festiva?  :insane:
I think it was something they imported from a Korean car company at the time.

store215

Ford's small cars in the late 80's/early 90's were just rebadged Mazdas. I'm not sure what year Ford bought Mazda (yes, Mazda is part of Ford now), but thats how it worked.

HoJofan206

Does anyone remember the Dihatsu Charade?  Boy was that a piece-o-crap car! :insane:

HoJofan206

The Chevy Aveo looks like a modern day Charade!  Better hope you dont get rear-ended in this thing! :no:

HoJofan206

They actually had the nerve to call this the Geo Metro Coupe!
(In the two door version) :insane:

HoJofan206

The 1990 Yugo.  I dont even think the car had its own name, just a Yugo.  What a waste of $4000.00  :insane:

HoJofan206

I hope this wasn't part of the Yugo Advertisement Campagn!

HoJofan206

Do any of you remember the Cadillac Cimmaron?  It was yet another one of General Motor's rebadged vehicles.  It was in with the Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac Sunbird, Buick Skyhawk, and Oldsmobile Firenza.  It looked almost identical to the Cavalier, and had a horrible repair record.  :no:

HoJofan206

This is the Cavalier from the same model year.  Practically the same friggin' car! :no:

HoJofan206

HANDS DOWN  This is MY pic for the UGLIEST car ever produced.  The American Motors Pacer!

HoJofan206

As if the car itself wasnt ugly enough, AMC actually offered this car in a "Levi's" edition.  The seats were actually covered in blue jean material!  How funny is that? :insane:

HoJofan206

Another odd feature on this car is that the driver side door was actually larger than the passenger side door.  I think this was only on the "wagon" version of the vehicle.  Does anyone know for sure? :huh:

HoJofan206

Does anyone remember the 1970's Charlie's Angels Ford Pinto? :insane:

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

Ameskid

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Isuzu Impulse
No way!  Isuzu Impulse rocks!!!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Big Dave

One comes to mind.  The Chevy chevette.  That thing that passed as a car was a disgrace to our auto industry.  With this piece of trash on the road, no wonder Japan made the headway they did.

Zayre88

Oldsmobile Achieva, Buick Skylark 96-98, Pontiac Aztek, Chevy Uplander, Cavalier 2003-2005,...

Mobil

Many cars are ugly, but I am only listing true junk cars. (poor quality/reliability): Chevrolet Lumina APV, Chevrolet Corsica/Beretta, Chevrolet Beauville, the old Camaro, the Equinox, Pontiac Bonneville, G6, Solstice, Buick Rendezvous, first generation Saturn SL, Ford Tempo, Bronco II, Windstar, Probe, Explorer, Aerostar, Contour, older Thunderbird, 2001-Dodge Caravan, 2001-Stratus, the first generation Neon, Chrysler Aspen, first generation Toyota RAV4, Echo, Previa, 1992-1995 Honda Civic, 1996-2000 Honda Civic, Insight, 1999-2002 Nissan Quest, and the Volkswagen Touareg.

JimSawhill

Quote from: HoJofan206 on June 29, 2005, 12:05:20 AM
Does anyone remember those little cars from France by Renault called "Le Car"  lol, funny little machine.  Most of them were yellow.  Wish I could find a pic of one to post.

One of my friends had a LeCar, but when Lipman wouldn't fix it, he painted a Lemon on it and Mon in place of Car.

What is wrong with the Citation, I ordered one (an X11 loaded) in 1979. Great car, until I hit a moose with it. The repair shop who fixed it I think used Play Doh instead of Bondo...the repair shop had it for 6 months, but the place didn't fix the passenger door...it never shut correctly after. I junked it in 1986, after I put a hole. I had a coupon for an oil change place and they put my bolt in loosely, so my oil leaked out...

I want a citation...

buzz86us

Quote from: HoJofan206 on April 27, 2007, 03:40:30 AM
HANDS DOWN  This is MY pic for the UGLIEST car ever produced.  The American Motors Pacer!
That is the car they used for Wayne's World BTW

buzz86us

Quote from: HoJofan206 on April 27, 2007, 03:20:51 AM
The Chevy Aveo looks like a modern day Charade!  Better hope you dont get rear-ended in this thing! :no:
they still make those only now they call them the Spark or the Sonic

TheFugitive

I took my driving test in an AMC Pacer.   It was actually a very good car for this purpose.
It had SO much glass the visibility was excellent, just what a rookie driver needed.

You can get a good look at one in the 1977 film Oh God! John Denver's character drives one.

Worst car I ever experienced was a 1978 Ford Granada that we bought from a lady down the street.
She was older and had only put about 20,000 miles on it over seven years.   We paid $500.   We proceeded to put about another $4000 in repairs into it over the course of the next year and a half, before finally giving up and getting rid of it.

Transmission went at 30K.  And it had an endless series of electrical gremlins.
An identical car, color and all, drives in front of the bar in the opening credits of Cheers.