Both Bonefish Grill locations in Connecticut close one Carrabba's location too

Started by giantsfan2016, February 16, 2017, 02:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Both Connecticut locations of The Bonefish Grill (in Newington and South Windsor) along with Carrabba's in Manchester have closed. Both chains are owned by Bloomin' Brands.

http://fox61.com/2017/02/16/popular-restaurants-close-in-newington-south-windsor-and-manchester/

BillyGr

Seems to be a somewhat random but spread out closings.

The Bonefish here in Albany (NY) closed as well this week.  Also with a quick search I came up with one of each in Middletown (NJ) , a couple locations in MI and probably others.

This link:
http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2017/02/outback_steakhouse_bonefish_grill_carrabbas_close.html suggests 43 total with 5 of them in NJ, also including Outback (which is the same company).

Bdubs

All 3 of those restaurants are in very saturated markets for eateries. Only so many people in this state, and pretty much everyone is saving where they can, eating out less, etc.  while I'm surprised it were Bloomin Brands establishments, I figured it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. 

retailisking

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Bdubs on February 18, 2017, 09:48:10 AM
All 3 of those restaurants are in very saturated markets for eateries. Only so many people in this state, and pretty much everyone is saving where they can, eating out less, etc.  while I'm surprised it were Bloomin Brands establishments, I figured it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. 

That's true enough. They don't care however. While rumored for months they officially announced this past week that
Chick Fil A will be taking over the former Ruby Tuesday on the Berlin Turnpike.

You can also say that about Queen Street Route 10 in Southington. (Southington as a whole actually). Everyone in town is wondering what restaurant will replace the now-closed TD Homer's Sports Bar. Chipotle and Chick Fil A are opening in a new development next to Outback Steakhouse. The local Connecticut chain Chip's is opening in May on West Street Route 229 as part of a new addition to the Target/Lowe's Plaza that will also include Michael's Crafts, Home Goods, and PetValu. Chip's is similar to a Denny's or I-Hop.

giantsfan2016

A follow up to my post about Bone Fish and Carrabarra's closing in Connecticut. Bloomin' Brands has shuttered a total of 43 restaurants nationwide. A partial list can be found here.

http://www.clark.com/-outback-carrabbas-and-bonefish-closing

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on February 19, 2017, 08:59:29 AM
Quote from: Bdubs on February 18, 2017, 09:48:10 AM

That's true enough. They don't care however. While rumored for months they officially announced this past week that
Chick Fil A will be taking over the former Ruby Tuesday on the Berlin Turnpike.

You can also say that about Queen Street Route 10 in Southington. (Southington as a whole actually). Everyone in town is wondering what restaurant will replace the now-closed TD Homer's Sports Bar. Chipotle and Chick Fil A are opening in a new development next to Outback Steakhouse. The local Connecticut chain Chip's is opening in May on West Street Route 229 as part of a new addition to the Target/Lowe's Plaza that will also include Michael's Crafts, Home Goods, and PetValu. Chip's is similar to a Denny's or I-Hop.

Never heard of Chips... How many places do they have?

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JimSawhill on February 24, 2017, 05:28:59 PM
Never heard of Chips... How many places do they have?

Southington will be their 6th location.

Trumbull, Fairfield, Orange, Wethersfield, Southbury are their other locations.

http://chipsrestaurants.com/