Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/ Eagle

Started by Jag67, June 19, 2005, 08:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

Discuss!!!

Here's a rare Pentastar 1995 Plymouth Neon. Not too many of these!! (Sorry for the very bad pic)

HoJofan206

What is a Pentastar Neon? :huh:

HoJofan206

I liked the Plymouth Prowler when it was being produced.

Jag67

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
What is a Pentastar Neon? :huh:

just a neon that has the pentastar logo on it!!!

tokensafari

Chrysler got rid of Plymouth which was Chrylser's value brand. When Chrysler and DaimlerBenz merged, plymouth was phased out and the rest is car history.

Jag67

GOTTA get rid of the cheap brand, right?? Blechhh

HoJofan206

Those "American Motors" cars were all ugly vehicles.;)

tokensafari

But very dependable!! Also, this is where the original Jeep Cherokee came from

HoJofan206

Yes, it is funny how the Jeep Moniker derived from the American Motors Corp.

tokensafari

lol yeah, they were the ones that came out with the truck version of the jeep. I don't recall the name, but it was something like commander? i could be way off on that. In the late 80's, early, and mid 90's most engines were switched over to Mitsubishi engines, but some of the engines not replaced were from American Motors originally.

HoJofan206

I am kinda suprised that in todays day in age of Sport Utility vehicles that the Jeep Waggoner (the great big one that they stopped producing after the 1990 model year).  Kinda funny how the whole SUV thing took off after the 1991 Ford Explorer was introduced.:D

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

1980 Dodge "cheesewagon" van :insane:

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

20th Anniversary Plymouth/Dodge Voyager

Ameskid

One of the most forgotten Jeep models is the Trailbuster, which was produced in the early 80's.  And actually, Jeep was around before American Motors and Chrysler took over the Jeep moniker; tha Kaiser-Jeep corporation was where the name was first placed.  I think, though, that American Motors did modify the name, because when it was part of Kaiser, it was 'Jeep', not just Jeep.  I have no idea what the little apostrophe-thingies were there for, and I have no idea if all that I said made anything even slightly resembling sense.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/