Main Menu

Big Lots

Started by Jag67, May 08, 2005, 06:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

This was a VERY old Big lots, VERY outdated, and absolutely FILTHY. Not to mention it had the old logo. This is was one of the dirtiest stores I had ever been in. closed last year. thank god it closed. It's in a very old dead plaza called "Colvin Plaza" that has slots that have been vacant for over 10 years.:duh:

Caldor1999

lol i think tghere to to to to cheep lol:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

truviking05

A Big Lots near me was once a Phar-Mor, then a Books-a-Million...I get the impression that it's kinda dirty....

Caldor1999

never been to one but now  dont think i wanna go there lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

believe me its not much in there at big lots no unique store image no organized layout

AND PLUS LACK OF GREAT PRODUCTS!

heres Big Lots logos

the old ones on the left

the new/current one is on the right

I don't like either of them

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

believe me its not much in there at big lots no unique store image no organized layout

AND PLUS LACK OF GREAT PRODUCTS!

heres Big Lots logos

the old ones on the left

the new/current one is on the right

I don't like either of them

i was told that Jamesway was like that but i doubt it Jmaesway was more like Ames then Big Lots
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Heres what the interior looks like  or supposed to look like :boring:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

heres the guy whos frequently on the Big Lots commercials

lol:insane:

He used to be on an old sitcom show called "Coach" I belive it was on FOX

now after all his fame he ends up doing this job

at spokes person for Big Lots yawn:boring:

how low can you go?:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I like this design better but its not very common :)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

a little more interesting exterior:)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

store uniform

not very interesting though:boring:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

remember when Big Lots had this cheesey store mascot?

lol :insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

More pics inside big lots :boring:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

another pic inside big lots pretty boring store if you ask me:boring:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

more exterior pics

again I like this style of sign better

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

exterior showing unique letter placement goes opposite to the actuall logo but I don't mind

this is the most unsual one probalbly from overseas since the webpage I got it off from was Chinese/Japanese

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

my favorite Big Lots pic this one reminds me of Caldor

sorry I couldn't get it any larger the computer said the operation timed out so I could not get the full size image

grrr:mad:

Caldor1999

old big lots

that logo remindes me of the orange caldor logo lol:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

heres the guy whos frequently on the Big Lots commercials

He used to be on an old sitcom show called "Coach" I belive it was on FOX

now after all his fame he ends up doing this job

at spokes person for Big Lots yawn:boring:

how low can you go?:insane:

lol how low can u go well there is a wal mart commercial
Caldor Forever!

HoJofan206

Does anyone know if the sister  store Odd Lots still excists?
As orange is Big Lots color Odd Lots was Yellow.  If anyone has any pics to post of Odd Lots it would be great!  :roll:

truviking05

Follow this link to see a pic of a fairly old-looking Big Lots with some interesting architecture I have never before seen on one of their stores...or any store, really!

http://rox.com/pix/big_lots_windshield/

df559

Here is one of the Big Lots where I live, it is located in an old Safeway. All the Big Lots here have this style of sign, since they were just changed to that name within the last 5 years. The stores opened as "Pic-N-Save", which was changed to "MacFrugal's Bargains-Closeouts" before the parent company decided to consolidate all their stores under the "Big Lots" banner. (The stores were always owned by the same people, they just used different names in different parts of the country in the 80's and 90's.)

df559

This name, along with Pic-N-Save and Odd Lots was phased out in 1991 in favor of Big Lots. Here is what the inside of a MacFrugal's store looked like:

LazarusFan

I have a Big Lots in my town.  It used to be where the Rink's City Store was.  Our store has alot of second hand stuff and brands you probably never heard of.  You should see our store on doughnut day.:o

df559

Big Lots in Merced, Ca. This store was a "New Deal" grocery store previously. (New Deal was a local chain, they had this location at the Merced Mall, and another across town in an old Alpha Beta. They went under in the early 1990's)

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by df559
Big Lots in Merced, Ca.

Those blue carts look a lot like the ones Pathmark (PA/NJ/DE Supermarket) uses!

df559

Ah, I did not know that! I posted a close up of it in the shopping carts thread, as it's actually a MacFrugal's cart. This Big Lots had lots of old Target and Ames carts, which was a bit confusing as there is a Target at the other end of the mall and their carts were almost the same as the ones Big lots has, only the ones at BL had Target scraped off of them.

df559

MacFrugal's was pretty much the same as Big Lots. MacFrugal's was a step up from Pic-N-Save, though, as P-N-S had really cheap, off-brand merchandise, usually. When they changed the name to MacFrugal's, they started to get more name-brand stuff in there. (I have posted a pic of a MacFrugal's cart to the shopping cart thread)