Main Menu

Big Lots

Started by Jag67, May 08, 2005, 06:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiseguy93

A odd looking Big Lots, but I like it.

wiseguy93

A Big Lots in  former 60,000 Kroger's superstore.

wiseguy93

Putnam County Center, Big lots located in a former Wal Mart.

wiseguy93

Big Lots in an old Ingles Supermarket location in the Covington Square in Lithonia, Georgia.

wiseguy93

Located in the Heritage Square shopping in Grafton, Virginia. This Big Lots just opened on March 20, 2008, and was formally a Farm Fresh grocery store, which closed June 24, 1995. Then, it was a True Value Hardware.

wiseguy93

This Big Lots is a former Kroger's Greenhouse.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by wiseguy93
This Big Lots is a former Kroger's Greenhouse.

Interesting. I know a Kroger of this style that moved and became MacFrugal's, which was later acquired by Big Lots. That store is just down the road from what appears to be a later 80s Kroger, and this store is an older Big Lots. Both Krogers must have moved long ago.

wiseguy93

This Big Lots shares a building with Save A lot in Sidney Ohio

wiseguy93

wiseguy93

Englewood, Florida Lemon Bay

wiseguy93

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by wiseguy93
Orchard Plaza

That one is a former Weis.

Mobil

Big Lots in East Norriton, PA, opened summer 2002. Former Acme.

dmx10101

Here's the recently opened Big Lots in Jacksonville, FL (this is a former Wal-Mart..which I used to work at) One of the nicest Big Lots I've been to.

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by dmx10101
Here's the recently opened Big Lots in Jacksonville, FL (this is a former Wal-Mart..which I used to work at) One of the nicest Big Lots I've been to.

THIS was a Wal-Mart??!! When did it open? When did it close?

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil

It opened in the early 90s and closed in March 2005, when they built a new supercenter a few miles up the road. It was vacant up until late '07 when they started renovating it. They pretty much gutted the store and just left the skeleton of it. The Big Lots takes about a 1/4 of the store and is where the entrance of the Wal-mart used to be, the rest of it, they made into about four or five smaller store fronts, none of which have been leased yet. I helped close this wal-mart and open the new Supercenter.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil

It opened in the early 90s and closed in March 2005, when they built a new supercenter a few miles up the road. It was vacant up until late '07 when they started renovating it. They pretty much gutted the store and just left the skeleton of it. The Big Lots takes about a 1/4 of the store and is where the entrance of the Wal-mart used to be, the rest of it, they made into about four or five smaller store fronts, none of which have been leased yet. I helped close this wal-mart and open the new Supercenter.

The early 90s? This one must have different architecture because of historic preservation laws.

videogamer75

I think that the Wal-Mart was a regular, red white and blue store and the plaza owners remodeled it after W-M left, and Big Lots! moved in.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
I think that the Wal-Mart was a regular, red white and blue store and the plaza owners remodeled it after W-M left, and Big Lots! moved in.

Um, I think those "red, white and blue stores" are impossible to remodel. So are many Kmart stores, and JCPenney as well.

videogamer75

I've seen several remodeled Wal-Marts and Kmarts. Unless it's a crumbling 90 year old building, nothing is impossible to remodel.

Mobil

I've seen several remodeled Wal-Marts and Kmarts. Unless it's a crumbling 90 year old building, nothing is impossible to remodel.

I mean that it is impossible to remove the Wal-Mart facade design. They could not remodel the typical 80's Wal-Mart like they did to the former Jefferson Ward/Bradlees stores that became Wal-Mart, for example. Kmart and JCPenney both use textured walls. Kmart also uses cinder block. Or the Penn Fruit buildings, or Acme stores with the peaked roof, or the traditional A&P roof.

videogamer75

Oops, sorry, I misunderstood what you said. I guess they ripped off the entire storefront and built a new one then, I've seen that happen to some buildings.

dmx10101

Oops, sorry, I misunderstood what you said. I guess they ripped off the entire storefront and built a new one then, I've seen that happen to some buildings.

You are correct. They pretty much ripped the store front and and rebuilt it. Thats why I said the pretty much gutted it and just left the skeleton of the store. the Wal-mart, didnt look at all like it does now that its Big Lots, it was a typical looking regular wal-mart, it opened as a brown style wal-mart then remodeled to the red, white, blue look in the mid, late 90's.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

NJxxJon

I just got some awsome soda for a one dollar a bottle here. It was GREAT. It's beating my local wallomart.....which is sad....hahahahahahah
JN

Mobil

videogamer75, what did the Big Lots in Clementon used to be? And what about the one in Somers Point? (not Egg Harbor)