Main Menu

2017 Plans! Discuss!

Started by NJxxJon, January 17, 2017, 02:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

(Ill try to find this post in DEC 2017)

Anyhow.......

1- Take care of pending legal case. (dont ask)
2- Get off this frickin stuffty 3rd shift (its affecting my life)
3- Organize my house more. (it looks like frickin stuff)
4- Try and get back to talking to my father. (the legal case made him stop talking)

You? Whats your plans?

JN

giantsfan2016

1. Eat better and drop a few more pounds. (Did you know that 10 years ago I was 360 pounds? Today I'm between 270 and 275). There's and old picture of me (from 2006) on Page 3 of the Shaw's and Star Market thread when I had my old user name. I didn't even remember the photo until I was doing housekeeping on these boards.

2. Make some new friends and reconnect with some old ones.

3. Get a job.

4. Save for a car.

5. Move the hell out of my mother's house.

NJxxJon

Quote from: Marc B on January 17, 2017, 07:37:35 AM
1. Eat better and drop a few more pounds. (Did you know that 10 years ago I was 360 pounds? Today I'm between 270 and 275). There's and old picture of me (from 2006) on Page 3 of the Shaw's and Star Market thread when I had my old user name. I didn't even remember the photo until I was doing housekeeping on these boards.

2. Make some new friends and reconnect with some old ones.

3. Get a job.

4. Save for a car.

5. Move the hell out of my mother's house.

Good stufffffffff.
JN

giantsfan2016

Some people may wonder why "Get a job" isn't number 1 on my list. The truth of the matter it is a priority, however I believe I can achieve number 1 and number 2 on my list even if I can't get a job.

TheFugitive

Make a serious dent in the ever-growing punchlist of handyman projects to be
done around my now-102 year old house.

Get more money in savings.

See my younger daughter get married in the Fall.

Chuck E. Cheese

Go to a dead, abandoned shopping mall

busman_49

>I just enrolled in college to finish off a Bachelor's degree in business...go me!

>I still need to visit 5 more locations of a 13-store grocery chain that is local to where I grew up.  I was hoping to get to all of them last year, but it was not meant to be.

>If I could get to stay in at least one former Signature Inn this year, that would be awesome!

Other plans are to get caught up financially and to enjoy every minute I can with my family.

Quote from: Patrick Boots CEC on January 18, 2017, 06:32:10 PM
Go to a dead, abandoned shopping mall
I went to 2 dead malls last year...what an experience!  Looking forward to finding more this year.

TheFugitive

By "dead, abandoned shopping mall" do you guys mean totally empty and shut-down?

Or "open for business with nearly no stores" like Century III?

I would have liked to have a final look around my old stomping grounds at Parkway Center Mall
before it was torn down.  But it was locked up tighter than a drum, and the inner parking areas
had been barricaded.   No idea how I could have gotten inside.

giantsfan2016

Busman 49 if you want to see a partially dead mall - Enfield Square in Enfield, Connecticut. It was dying then it was dealt a double blow last year when Macy's closed both stores. They got another knock out punch this year (2017) when Sears announced they were closing.

Chuck E. Cheese

I WANT to visit one like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3p7ZWNRcg
But one like Enfield will be equally satisfying. With hopefully less safety precautions, haha..

busman_49

Quote from: Marc B on January 19, 2017, 12:26:33 PM
Busman 49 if you want to see a partially dead mall - Enfield Square in Enfield, Connecticut. It was dying then it was dealt a double blow last year when Macy's closed both stores. They got another knock out punch this year (2017) when Sears announced they were closing.

Back in 2015, I photographed Springfield, Ohio's Upper Valley Mall, which appears to be on life support.  Last year I finally went to Cincinnati's Forest Fair Mall and checked that place out (after 2 years of working 15 minutes away from it!)  I still go back in on occasion to take in the dead mall atmosphere.  And a trip to North Carolina allowed me to photograph the soon-to-close Oak Hollow Mall in High Point.