Cheshire, Connecticut

Started by giantsfan2016, October 30, 2016, 11:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Went to Cheshire, Connecticut on Tuesday with my Mom.

Horizon Personal Training moved from Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike (Route 322) in the Milldale section of Southington to a building at 1701 Highland Ave (Route 10) in Cheshire that houses among other things COX Cable Access Channel 15.

Richard Chevy at 1405 Highland Ave now has cars on displays across the street at the old Cugino's Restaurant at 1410 Highland Ave.

There is a free-standing Dollar Tree at 882 South Main Street (Route 10). I don't think I have ever seen a free-standing Dollar Tree.

Arby's is closed. Closed some time between 2011 and 2015. (Can't narrow it own any farther than that).

It looked like Dragon Buffet in the butt-ugly Green Builing is closed. (See the Photography Page thread titled Ugly Building Alert).

Advanced Auto Parts took part of the former Staples in the plaza at 905 South Main Street next to Pier One. Other stores in the plaza include a small Natural Food Market, a YMCA, Consignment Originals (Formerly CVS), Jake's Wayback Burger (Formerly Casual Curtain), an AT&T Store, a Liquor Store, a Bagel Shop, an a free-standing CVS. There are two vacancies. I may have missed a business or two in the plaza.

Back up to the Highland Avenue section of Route 10 is the Maple Croft Plaza. There is a Stop & Shop, a very small Marshall's a Subway, and a few other businesses. Dress Barn closed over a year ago and is expected to become an Asian restaurant - part of the locally owned Feng chain which also has restaurants in Canton an Hartford.