Main Menu

NFL Football

Started by giantsfan2016, October 17, 2016, 04:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Anyone else on here like to watch NFL football? Giants fan here for something like 19 years now. Anyway does anyone else think it's stupid that some games are being played in London, England? 9:30AM Eastern is too early for football in my opinion. No chicken wings and nachos for breakfast. And unless you're a hard core alcoholic 9:30AM is too early for beer. Yep. I thought oh boy I can watch this Sunday's game on the 23rd vs The Rams since I'm on vacation from work, but nope. 9:30AM on The NFL Network, which I don't get. Way too early.

TheFugitive

I've actually come to like that early game from the UK.

Though I was never a big soccer fan, I have kind of gotten into watching the
English Premier League for the same reason.  It's virtually the only thing on
as I'm having my coffee on Sunday morning.

West Coast residents have been enjoying morning football for many years.

jamesway_95

Yeah, I like to watch NFL games. Where I live is Eagles country.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I like to watch NFL football (mostly Packers and Patriots games).

retailisking

Quote from: Marc B on October 17, 2016, 04:11:50 AM
Anyone else on here like to watch NFL football? Giants fan here for something like 19 years now. Anyway does anyone else think it's stupid that some games are being played in London, England? 9:30AM Eastern is too early for football in my opinion. No chicken wings and nachos for breakfast. And unless you're a hard core alcoholic 9:30AM is too early for beer. Yep. I thought oh boy I can watch this Sunday's game on the 23rd vs The Rams since I'm on vacation from work, but nope. 9:30AM on The NFL Network, which I don't get. Way too early.

It's really the only way to shoehorn the London NFL games into the Sunday schedule. That said, with NFL ratings this season in a double-digit decline, the League would do well to consider whether they're reached the point of diminishing returns.

TheFugitive

There is a five-hour time difference.
They start at 9:30 AM on the East Coast because that's 2:30 PM in London.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, West Coast residents have enjoyed
Breakfast with the NFL for decades.