Main Menu

Advice needed

Started by giantsfan2016, September 27, 2016, 09:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Am I too old for my friends?

I'm 34. My friend Nick is 21. My friend G-Dawg is 22. (He is also one of my bosses). The three of us are fans of the NY Giants Football team. As you know the Giants lost by 2 points during Sunday's game. To me it's no big deal that The Giants lost. But today both G-Dawg and Nick said to me "Don't talk to me about the game." They were super pissed off that the Giants lost. The only thing that pissed me off about the game was how Odell Beckham Jr. showed what a sore loser he is. He was never on of my favorite players.

Chuck E. Cheese

Of course not! Friends can be friends no matter the age.

TheFugitive

Being able to make friends with younger people is an important skill, particularly as
you get older.

If you are fortunate enough to live into your 80's or 90's you are going to find that most
of your longtime friends have predeceased you.  The ability to make new friends with
the living is necessary if you wish to remain sane and active.

retailisking

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 28, 2016, 08:23:17 AM
Being able to make friends with younger people is an important skill, particularly as
you get older.

If you are fortunate enough to live into your 80's or 90's you are going to find that most
of your longtime friends have predeceased you.  The ability to make new friends with
This, plus it's an essential skill in the workplace in terms of team building and remaining a viable employee as you age.

TheFugitive

Quote from: retailisking on October 30, 2016, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: TheFugitive on September 28, 2016, 08:23:17 AM
you get older.

This, plus it's an essential skill in the workplace in terms of team building and remaining a viable employee as you age.

Excellent point!  One reason that a lot of people experience career self-destruct
after age 50 is that they develop an attitude about taking direction from younger supervisors.

NJxxJon

In the past 3 years Ive took the opoosite path at 33 and have made more OLD-HEADs (lol) as friends. Advice is always spot on.
JN