American Dream Meadowlands

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), September 19, 2016, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

American Dream Meadowlands (originally called Xanadu Meadowlands) is a new shopping mall/entertainment complex that is currently under construction in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The facility is owned by the Triple Five Group, the same company that owns the West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. American Dream Meadowlands will include:

* Space for 6 anchor stores, 12 major retailers, 5 kiosks and 339 specialty stores.
* Space for 21 restaurants, 45 specialty food retailers and 20 food court tenants including a kosher food court.
* Indoor NHL-sized ice rink.
* Pepsi Globe Ferris Wheel.
* Nickelodeon Universe theme park.
* Dreamworks-themed indoor waterpark.
* Sea Life Aquarium.
* Lucky Strike bowling alley.
* Miniature golf course.
* LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
* Indoor ski slope.
* Concert hall.
* Movie theater.

A rendering of what American Dream Meadowlands' Nickelodeon Universe theme park will look like.

patk

wow the NJTP or i95 will be jamed! :o

TheFugitive

Is that on the site of the old Brendan Byrne Arena?

giantsfan2016

How far is this going to be from MET LIFE STADIUM home of the Giants and Jets football teams? I can only imagine how bad traffic is going to be on game days if it's very close.

danfifepsu

Quote from: Marc B on September 20, 2016, 02:38:07 PM
How far is this going to be from MET LIFE STADIUM home of the Giants and Jets football teams? I can only imagine how bad traffic is going to be on game days if it's very close.

is toys r us still comitted to it?

Quote from: danfifepsu on September 20, 2016, 08:22:48 PM
They have not announced anything about opening at this new mall yet.

Quote from: ShopKoFan on September 20, 2016, 11:52:29 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on September 20, 2016, 08:22:48 PM
They have not announced anything about opening at this new mall yet.
After reading up on the subject, there's a possibility that a Toys "R" Us/FAO Schwarz flagship store will open at this mall. American Dream is shaping up to be the Jersey Shore's equivalent of Minnesota's Mall of America.

The retail portion of the mall will be closed on game days, leaving the amusement park and water park open, due to New Jersey's "blue laws".

BillyGr

Quote from: ShopKoFan on December 19, 2016, 06:49:03 PM
The retail portion of the mall will be closed on game days, leaving the amusement park and water park open, due to New Jersey's "blue laws".

That, of course, assumes that they never play any home games on days that aren't Sunday (like Monday or Thursday games).