Blitzburger (Regional McDonalds item)

Started by TheFugitive, September 19, 2016, 08:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

McDonalds here in Pittsburgh is heavily promoting an item in conjunction with the
start of football season.

it's called the Blitzburger.  Basically a Quarter Pounder topped with white cheddar cheese,
grilled onions and mustard.   Also it is served on some sort of a brioche bun, not a standard
McDonalds bun.

Had one the other night and it is actually quite good.  I always liked the cheddar and onion
burgers that they dropped from the menu early last year.  Perhaps they are working through
their backstock of cheese.

No idea whether they are offering this in any other markets.  When I first saw the ad
I thought this was going to be a takeoff of the Primanti Brothers sandwich (a local favorite
that features fries and coleslaw on the sandwich).  But since it isn't I am guessing it may
have appeared in some other NFL cities.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

It hasn't appeared in Green Bay, but I do remember the Touchdown Burger which was a regional McDonald's item in Wisconsin. It had more of a resemblance to the Superhero Burger used to promote the movie "Batman Forever", with an elongated toasted bun (similar to the McRib bun) with three beef patties, two kinds of cheese (white and yellow), onions, lettuce, tomato and mayo.

TheFugitive

Just had another Blitzburger.  Forgot to mention there is bacon on it as well.