Main Menu

Adventure Time

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), September 06, 2016, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Adventure Time is one of my favorite cartoons. The show is about a kid named Finn the Human and a yellow dog (who can stretch and change shape) named Jake the Dog who battle evil in the post-apocalyptic fantasy world known as Ooo.

JSIDA17

Quote from: ShopKoFan on September 06, 2016, 12:50:46 PM

Adventure Time is one of my favorite cartoons. The show is about a kid named Finn the Human and a yellow dog (who can stretch and change shape) named Jake the Dog who battle evil in the post-apocalyptic fantasy world known as Ooo.

When the show first came out, I really liked the show as well. I loved the idea of two dudes just hanging out in a crazy, unrealistic environment getting into all sorts of predicaments (something LOTS of cartoons would copy later on from Adventure Time and previous shows). However, I believe the show started getting too bland and predictable when they got into all the romance crap with Finn trying to get Bubblegum and Flame Princess to be his girlfriends and obsessing over said girls. I still like the show, don't get me wrong, but I just believe the show has taken a small dip in quality since the first two or so seasons.

TheFugitive

Have seen is a couple of times.
Seems specifically designed to give children nightmares.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 09, 2016, 11:57:58 AM
Have seen is a couple of times.
Seems specifically designed to give children nightmares.
It seems that from watching this cartoon, that this cartoon is targeted towards a tween/teen demographic with a TV-PG rating.

I like the show's references to Dungeons & Dragons, as well as references to role-playing video games like The Legend of Zelda.