Enfield Square 2016

Started by Chuck E. Cheese, August 07, 2016, 10:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck E. Cheese

I went to the Enfield Square mall recently. I took a bunch of photos.
Parts of the mall are dead/vacant.
http://imgur.com/a/3Mlsu

One of these days i'll make a "mallmanac" for it and all the other CT malls..

standa

Thanks for the photos. What is the Most Excellent Marketplace? and in what part of the mall is it?

Chuck E. Cheese

I didn't stop in, but I think it's either near the Target or Former Macy's.
I don't frequent this mall.. actually, this was my first visit, so I probably can't update that often for it.

giantsfan2016

Article from The Hartford Courant about the mall. Says it's 40% empty and JP Morgan Chase foreclosed on the mall back in February.

http://www.courant.com/community/enfield/hc-enfield-square-mall-tough-year-20160823-story.html

Chuck E. Cheese

Woah! My visit-August 7th, Ruby Tuesday was still open.
I like Dead Malls but I prefer them to be all dead except one-two store(s)..so I can walk around, but at the same time, they can't penalize since there is one store left.

giantsfan2016

I think Boscov's should open their second Connecticut location at the Enfield Square in one of the 2 former Macy's stores.  Maybe a couple more restaurants such as I-Hop and Buffalo Wild Wings.

Chuck E. Cheese

It would certainly get it more traffic...

giantsfan2016

Sears is closing in early 2017. Will the last store to leave the mall please turn off the lights?

Chuck E. Cheese

Keep them on!! It will become all abandoned and we can explore it haha

giantsfan2016

danfifepsu

giantsfan2016

Quote from: danfifepsu on December 29, 2016, 09:07:34 AM
Quote from: Marc B on December 29, 2016, 12:18:35 AM
Quote from: Marc B on December 28, 2016, 06:43:15 PM
Sears is closing in early 2017. Will the last store to leave the mall please turn off the lights?
http://www.wfsb.com/story/34143019/sears-in-enfield-square-to-close-next-year

I last went to this mall in 2005, how dead is it?

An article in the Hartford Courant over the 2016 summer said the mall was 40% vacant. With Sears closing the only anchors will be Target and Rave Cineplex. I don't even know if the movie theater is in the mall or an out lot.

As mentioned in the Courant article JP Morgan Chase foreclosed on the mall in February 2016, so I don't know if they will make improvements to the mall.

Last night on Facebook I was chatting with a fellow member of this board about how to change this mall's luck.

1. Boscov's can open their 2nd Connecticut location in one of the vacant anchors.

2. Now that JCP is improving they can return to this mall in one of the vacant anchors.

3. Then Primark can open their 2nd Connecticut location and maybe a Christmas Tree Shop.

Chuck E. Cheese

I was reading a recent article earlier and a representative said that some companies are eyeing the vacant anchor spaces.

giantsfan2016

Might be nice if doesn't end up as another dead mall. Seems like they manufacture dead malls wholesale here in CT. ;D

Some of the dead malls:
Naugatuck Valley Mall Waterbury - Demolished and replaced by Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center with Walmart, Staples, Stop & Shop, etc.

Mall at Bristol Centre Bristol - Demolished. Awaiting reuse of property. So far only a new relocated from another part of the property McD's was built. Reported Bristol Hospital will be building a building on a small portion of the property.

Farmington Valley Mall Simsbury/Avon - Demalled. Now Simsbury Commons Plaza.

Civic Center Mall Hartford.