AMESFANCLUB
January 16, 2018, 03:05:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motel 6  (Read 393 times)
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« on: July 11, 2016, 08:33:43 AM »

Stayed in one last week out in York, Pennsylvania.

Room was basically clean, and staff was very friendly.  Interestingly the room had no carpeting.
Had Pergo-style wood flooring throughout (even the bathroom!).  I suppose for ease of cleaning.

Weird thing is that there were TWO Motel 6 locations in this same part of town, roughly
a block away from each other.  We went to the first one and were told "oh, no, your reservation
is for the one down the street."

Huh?
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »

There is a Motel 6 not far from where I am on Banksville Road in Pittsburgh.

I have yet to replace Photobucket as my picture host, so I'll need to describe this to you.
The hotel has two sections.  The main part is facing Banksville Road, a couple of miles
south of the tunnel coming out of Downtown Pittsburgh.  There is a sign and a parking
lot out front.

Behind the hotel is a street known as Old Banksville Road (obviously where traffic went
before the modern four-lane Banksville was constructed).  Across that is another smaller
section of the hotel, linked to the main one by a footbridge.

For reasons I have yet to figure out the larger section of the motel on the main road is being demolished. There is a Motel 6 sign currently sitting in front of a huge pile of rubble.

However....on that sign is a banner that says "Yes, we are open!  Come around back!"

The owners are apparently still trying to operate a Motel 6 out of the remaining back
portion of the motel on Old Banksville, even as most of the hotel lies in a pile of rubble
which guests have to cross in order to get to the remaining structure.

I am absolutely stunned that Motel 6 has not revoked their franchise and confiscated
all of their signage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: