Home Depot bashing

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 11:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor99

I don't really like this store that much they tore down a hole mall just to make one store:flaming::mad:

tokensafari

Home Depot has huge stores, just like Lowes, and Wal-Mart.

Caldor99

i don't hate them 100% but i wish they wouldent tear down a hole mall just to make one store:flaming::mad:

amesman

I saw the new Home Depot in NYC yesterday. The gutted a three story building to put it in.

tokensafari

I don't know how Lowes manages to stay open, with all the Home Depots in existence!

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
I don't know how Lowes manages to stay open, with all the Home Depots in existence!

I have both in my area, so I just pick the one that I am closest to. There is almost no difference in price between anything, and sometimes I get confused which one i'm in, because Lowe's has  almost the same layout!. I do like certain things at Lowe's like the lumber. There are just so many people, they are always both busy. (Lowe's always looks a little busier because it's in a busy center near me w/ Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.. while the HD is in a dead shopping center)

Does anyone find it strange that most standard target stores are connected or at least in the same center as a Lowe's or HD?

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

:info:

Lowes is a division of Walmart (I read it somewhere)

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

I have never heard of this, but with Wal-Mart, they could own Target too for that matter and nobody would really know.

SomeBeach

As far as I know, Lowes' isn't a division of Wal-Mart.

And I have seen some smaller Home Depots too, some about the size of a Kmart (and some even IN old Kmarts).

Heck, I've seen Menards, a regional Home Depot type store (albeit with worse service, I've heard) in 40K-50K buildings (about half the size of a Kmart), and it seems that even the new Menards aren't that big (likely about 100K).

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

AmesmanBBTB

I have never heard of this, but with Wal-Mart, they could own Target too for that matter and nobody would really know.

i dont think there a division of wal mart i think its Target cause they always open in shopping centers with a target
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

AmesmanBBTB

Actually I believe that Lowes is owned by the same company that owns Walmart

I THINK THATS WHAT I READ;)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

TOO MUCH ORANGE AROUND HERE!!!!! ( Home Depots color)

LOL:insane:

HAVEN'T SEEN ANY HARDWARE STORES CLOSE IN MY AREA YET!

store215

LOWE'S IS IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO WAL-MART:mad:

It would make more sense for Lowe's to be part of Target and Home Depot to be part of Wal-Mart, if a merge was ever to occur.

Caldor1999

It would make more sense for Lowe's to be part of Target and Home Depot to be part of Wal-Mart, if a merge was ever to occur.

lowes and Target are alwatys Second to Sprawl Mart And Home Depot wich is always no 1 and  outher strores

i saw a thing on Home Depot and they mention about how then cames into the notheaster states and they mentioned about Henchger and Pergament and the guy who founded home depot sed it was time fro thougs stores to leave thats what happends wich rubbs off to me as a evile company cfause Hengcher and pergament cl;osed many cause of home depot going ibn there space mean while lowes seems much better and nicer and opends store in the right ocation kinda like Target
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

lowes and Target are alwatys Second to Sprawl Mart And Home Depot wich is always no 1 and  outher strores

i saw a thing on Home Depot and they mention about how then cames into the notheaster states and they mentioned about Henchger and Pergament and the guy who founded home depot sed it was time fro thougs stores to leave thats what happends wich rubbs off to me as a evile company cfause Hengcher and pergament cl;osed many cause of home depot going ibn there space mean while lowes seems much better and nicer and opends store in the right ocation kinda like Target

same thing that SPRAWL-MARTS DOIN'

legitimizing their actions for killing off local chains

THIS MAKES ME FURIOUS!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

about this Walmart owning Lowes thing its ALL OVER THE INTERNET

HOWEVER HOPEFULLY I BELIEVE ITS A RUMOR

ENUFF SAID!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
One Carls Carpet one commercial Mrs. Carl says this while holding a orange apron " Don't be fooled by the orange apron, besides, orange isn't my color" and then she drops the orange apron!

MY KIND OF HOME DEPOT BASHING!:yup::roll::bouncing::bounce::insane:;)

heh yea i love makeing fun of them mean while take it easy on the smilies heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
I Only put 6 smiles!

ehh i guess thats find just wanna make sure u dont go crazy wit them heh
Caldor Forever!

iBob

I HATE THE HOME DEPOT!!!!!

I use to work at the Home Depot for about 3 months. The worst job i ever had!

Its just like WalMart for home improvement. The management is only concerned about them self. The store layout is so retarded and know one knows anything about anything. The training was soooo bad it was not even funny.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by iBob
I HATE THE HOME DEPOT!!!!!

I use to work at the Home Depot for about 3 months. The worst job i ever had!

Its just like WalMart for home improvement. The management is only concerned about them self. The store layout is so retarded and know one knows anything about anything. The training was soooo bad it was not even funny.

for some reasion i dont like majoyer chains that come from the south like wal mart and home depot lolz while many outher stores like Taregt Lowes Kmart Sears Macys ect  i like but there not sounthern chains lol i just found that kida funny but yea i hate home depot
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

this home depot is in bridgewater new jersey in the bridgewater promenade.

from company listings of www.siteride.com

storehistoryguy

I angry at Home Depot for tareing down the Clover in Warrington, Pennsylvania. :mad:

d_fife

this home depot is almost ready in windham maine. it is almost across Lowe's. it will open in a month.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this home depot is almost ready in windham maine. it is almost across Lowe's. it will open in a month.

se how the signs are across each other! the lowe's opens in a few weeks.

Everywhere is getting both. my town plymouth nh may get both.

Caldor1999

its just like target and wal mart  theres a Target in White Planes NY hat opened up in 2003 and barley after a year wal mart anoyused they were gonna move nto the old Sears buklding right across teh stree from target there already working on it now sadley:mad:
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

this home depot is in waterville maine and opened in 2002.

d_fife

here is the home depot in the augusta marketplace in maine.

TheFugitive

Going WAY back in the archives for this one....

Bought a water heater from Home Depot.  It came installed by a fairly reputable local plumber.
Had no issues with it until six years later when it sprung a leak and flooded my basement.  The thing
literally rusted out across the top of the tank.  Had never seen that happen to 30 year old units. Had to
shut it down, which left my family with no hot water.

I tried to make good on my seven year warranty.  It took me FOUR DAYS of back-and-forth with
Home Depot HQ in Atlanta, by both phone and email.  I went to the store to see if they could just
take care of it for me more quickly.  Due to payroll cuts they no longer had anyone in the store assigned
for this purpose.  The service desk handed me a hotline phone to talk to the very same people in Atlanta
whom I had been going back and forth with.

Meanwhile we are all taking cold showers.

Finally got someone to react to me on day five.  Instead of the plumber who had done the initial installation
they sent out two complete idiots from one of these Sooper Rooter franchise places.  After they left I noticed
a leak on the inlet line.  I called Home Depot again and was told that was house plumbing and not part of
the warranty (though it had not been leaking before the Sooper Rooter guys had monkeyed with it)  Had to
pay a plumber out of pocket to come and fix their leak.

Later learned that my GE water heater had actually been made by Rheem, a very reputable company.
Except that in order to satisfy Home Depot on the wholesale price, they had all of these units made by
a subcontractor in Mexico and not at the Rheem factory in Alabama.  The internet it rife with stories of
them leaking and failing.

Boy, did I learn my lesson.  The plumbing and heating place down the hill has been in business for over 50 years.
Sure, the initial price for the unit would have been higher.  But they would always be right there if I needed service.
They'd have some concern for their reputation, and they sure would not have palmed off a cut-rate Mexican water
heater on me.

And my family would not have gone more than a day without hot water.
There are a lot of things I still like about Home Depot but I will never buy a major appliance from them again.

Stork of The Weak

It's funny how you said "Home Depot HQ" because there actually was once a competitor of Home Depot called HQ. The chain was bought by Hechinger but that chain went out of business anyway, along with Builders Square which they bought from Kmart (a company with plenty of problems of its own, so I don't think there was any chance for Builders Square to survive).

TheFugitive

I remember HQ.  Big green sign.  Seems like they were always out recruiting management.

I worked in a plaza in the mid-1990's where there was a Hechingers directly across the parking lot.
There was also a Builders Square on top of the hill.  In between the two was a store from a local
chain called Busy Beaver.

At the time I thought the small, run-down Busy Beaver store was doomed.
But both of the other chains crashed and burned.  Busy Beaver remained at that location
for nearly 20 more years until their building suffered some sort of structural failure and
had to be torn down.

The Hechingers is now a Burlington Coat and the Builders Square is now a furniture store.