Dodge Caravan/Plymouth voyager/Chrysler Town & country, and other minivans

Started by Jag67, June 14, 2005, 06:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

I just think theyre sweet looking vans. Plus, beater variations are common. here's a 1996 grand caravan SE. Besides all but one hubcap missing, it's still in pretty good shape for a 9 year old chrysler!!

{EDIT - Picture Size is not  640 x 480! Please resize the image}

Jag67

Jag67

my Uncle and Aunt's 1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE. ( If this pic is too big I'll resize it)

storehistoryguy

This was my 1987 Toyota Van that I owned from 1987-1991. I sold it to my sister until she sold it in 1994. I'm not sure where it went from  there. This pic was taken when she owned it.

truviking05

I think the new Toyota Sienna vans are pretty nice looking. Wish we'd gotten one...

HoJofan206

What was the name of those boxy looking Toyota vans from back in the 1980's? :huh:

HoJofan206

In all honesty the birth of the 1984 Dodge Caravan probably is the only reason Chrysler did not go under in the 1980's.  That one vehicle alone can be said to have saved the company as a whole.  Chrysler cars have always lagged in durabiltiy and suffer from horrible resale values.  Here in the last few years the cars seem to be a litter better quality, but still not near that of Toyota or Honda.

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
What was the name of those boxy looking Toyota vans from back in the 1980's? :huh:

"Van". Honestly--just "Van". Then Previa in 1991, Sienna in 1998.

HoJofan206

That is funny that they were just the "Toyota Van".  One of my neighbors had one when I was younger and I never wanted to ride in it because I always thought we would turn over on our side if we went around a corner to fast.....I really did think that....:insane::insane::insane:

storehistoryguy

Here is a 1970's VW Bus. The Bus came out in the late 50's. It is considered the first ever minivan.

storehistoryguy

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Here is a 1970's VW Bus. The Bus came out in the late 50's. It is considered the first ever minivan.

Hehe I have neighbors with that van in green. I just built a grey/blue model of it last night too lol.

And the van after the "Van" by Toyota is a Previa. I actually see 3 or 4 a day around here. A local balloon company owns two of them lol.

HoJofan206

Chrysler sure liked to use that fake wood look on a lot of their vehicles in the 80's.  All of those mini vans and remember the convertible Labarons.  Most were a bright green color with the cheap wood down the side.  Just like in the movie Plains, Trains, and Automobiles.....

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Here is an early 80's Plymouth Voyager.

Thats a nice looking minivan.

Thats the kind of van you would have seen outside of Woolco. :insane:

Mervyns

ANOTHER OLD THREAD REVIVED!

Actually, that van you would not have seen at Woolco. Woolco closed in 1982, before 1984 when the Chrysler minivans were introduced.