Farewell To Ames #0416, Diamond Point Plaza - Baltimore, MD

Started by 108CAM, February 22, 2023, 06:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

108CAM

Original Thread Title: Ames #0416 - Baltimore, MD Now On Borrowed Time

Stumbled upon a video of Diamond Point Plaza in Baltimore, MD that shows the entire complex in a very dilapidated state with nearly every door sitting wide open.
What caught my eye the most was the current state of Ames #0416. This store was famous for the pallets of unsold stock and severe water damage.
The sales floor has been completely cleaned out and I'm fairly sure that it's days are numbered and the store is on borrowed time.
Below is a link to the video and a screenshot of what the Ames looks like as of February 5, 2023.
https://youtu.be/y4tmasJdGqI
It's the same store, only without the J and the Way.   <- Common joke about Jamesway stores that became Ames stores.

TheFugitive

I worked in Ames #0414 which would have opened around the same time.  The difference is stark.  That one is now a Tractor Supply location, and one of their nicer ones.  This barn on the other hand is falling down.

108CAM

Quote from: Retail_247 on March 22, 2023, 07:30:44 PMApparently they just tore it down

I found a Reddit post showing photos of the store before and after demolition

With the post made by Retail_247, I can confirm that Ames #0416 has finally been torn down after nearly 23 years of abandonment.

Farewell Ames #0416. You will be missed but your legacy and memories will always live on.
It's the same store, only without the J and the Way.   <- Common joke about Jamesway stores that became Ames stores.