Main Menu

2016 snow storm

Started by ynkeesfn82, January 23, 2016, 12:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

While other parts of Connecticut are getting hit and other parts of the country are getting whalloped by snow, it's currently not doing much of anything here in the town of Southington.

It started getting crazy busy at my store around 3:30PM Thursday. I was working 2PM-6PM and I was the only Cart Guy. I was doing my hardest to keep up, but was failing big time. Sometime after 5PM I was well above "Full Boil". In other words stressed to the max. At about 5:40 I told my two supervisors that I was leaving at 5:45PM since I hadn't gotten a break. They both said "okay". The Assistant Manager asked me to do something and I also told her I was leaving early. At 5:45PM I came inside to clock out and my supervisor Gavin told me to take my break and punch out at 6. I went up to the break room and sat down and relax. About 5 minutes later Gavin came up to check on me. He could tell I was beyond stressed. He wanted to make sure I was okay. Let me tell you something I appreciate that Gavin did that for me. Other places I have worked the supervisors wouldn't care that I was beyond stressed

Yesterday I was supposed to work 7PM-11PM. My Mom didn't want to drop me off at 7PM and dropped me off at 4:45. The Assistant Manager noticed me lurking around and asked me to clock in early, so I did at 5:20. For an hour and a half I bagged groceries for the crazy hordes. I got to do carts around 7PM. I had a helper. Then I was in and out trying to do both. It slowed down around 8:30. I went on my break at about 8:45PM and noticed even Gavin was getting fed up with the crazy masses. He's usually pretty chill and doesn't let things bother him. It started getting busy again around 10PM. 11PM rolls around and it's still busy so Gavin had me stay an extra half hour.

Getting an extra 2 hours and 10 mins in yesterday helps me out since I'm losing 1 hour 50 minutes by not going in tonight.

How are things where you are?

BillyGr

Over here in the "donut hole" around Albany with nothing going on!

I say donut hole in that areas to the north and west have had snow from lake effect storms and the south and some east are getting this storm, so by tomorrow the only area without snow will be (mostly) the greater Albany area and a few small sections around there, thus a hole in the snow of the eastern US.

MikeRa

Out here in Bensalrm, PA, we are getting walloped with Blizzard Jonas.  So is Philadelphia and NYC
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

According to NBC 30 Southington ultimately got 6.1 inches. It started coming down fast and furious around 1PM yesterday.

Chuck E. Cheese

All it means for me is shoveling. Ha-ha.

TheFugitive

On the southern fringes of Pittsburgh we got around 6 inches.

Travel 30 min. south or east and that number more than doubles.
Drive north to where the turnpike crosses into Ohio and they got nothing!

The Duquesne University men's basketball team was traveling back from a
game in D.C. and their bus got stuck on the Turnpike.  They were stranded
for a day and a half.

Hudsons81

Here in Michigan we got none. Head south on I-75 and you won't see any major numbers until the southernmost fringes of the Cincinnati area.

Ameskid

Quote from: Hudsons81 on January 25, 2016, 02:00:14 PM
Head south on I-75 and you won't see any major numbers until the southernmost fringes of the Cincinnati area.
And in Cincinnati, we only got 2-3 inches.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/