Regency Square Mall - Jacksonville, FL (Dead mall visit)

Started by mixedday, January 15, 2016, 06:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixedday

I passed through Regency Square Mall, and this is another dead mall visit. It's a little interesting that for a mall, they have kept only part of the mall open, while closing another part of the mall. I have yet to see that a situation where half of a mall is closed while the other half is open.

This mall had a really sad food court with only two tenants opened, and the eateries aren't appealing. I looked up the wikipedia entry of this mall, and it appears small crimes have been common for this mall. It seemed very lower income.

The Sears is on the other side of the mall, and is in essence not reachable unless one drives around to the Sears. The same with the Dillard's Clearance Center (a former Dillard's apparently). I went inside the Sears, and peeked through the mall entrance (that is closed) and oddly, mall music was still being played in the closed part of the mall! Some Rihanna tune was being played.

This is one mall that is not really welcoming at all, in general.

The silver lining is a pretty new looking AMC screen is an outparcel of this mall, in the lot of the mall. Another interesting sight was a basketball court or tennis court (forgot which one) in the mall property, fenced off, but likely for use for some private group. Yet to see something like that on a mall site.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

They did that to the Port Plaza Mall (Washington Commons) in downtown Green Bay, Wisconsin in its final days of its operation 2006. The escalators and the decorative neon lights throughout the mall were even turned off.