Pizza Hut closes a number of Maine, New Hampshire locations

Started by retailisking, November 19, 2015, 06:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

Both Auburn, ME locations have closed in the past few days, and West Lebanon, NH closed earlier this month. In the Portland, ME market they've closed their Portland location and moved to a much smaller strip mall location in South Portland. Keene, NH closed in July. Brewer, Maine closed Tuesday (11/17.)

Zayre88

TRU7536

are we surprised? The northeast is well known for really good mom-pap pizza places, and these chains don't tend to do well around here. I rather pay more for better quality pizza than this stuff.

Bdubs

A couple years ago they closed Groton, New London, and Old Saybrook CT locations all at the same time. They were all dumps. Never remodeled, tired looking inside. The last place I'd ever eat.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: TRU7536 on November 28, 2015, 01:31:44 PM
are we surprised? The northeast is well known for really good mom-pap pizza places, and these chains don't tend to do well around here. I rather pay more for better quality pizza than this stuff.
Maine has Amato's, a local family-owned Italian restaurant chain, which is known for its pizzas, pastas, and sandwiches.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Bdubs on December 08, 2015, 08:23:22 PM
A couple years ago they closed Groton, New London, and Old Saybrook CT locations all at the same time. They were all dumps. Never remodeled, tired looking inside. The last place I'd ever eat.
I'm not sure but in the old Old Saybrook Railroad Depot was a great tasting pizza place with trains running around the walls...

What's in the old Pizzas Huts now?

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: JimSawhill on January 16, 2016, 11:30:02 AM
I'm not sure but in the old Old Saybrook Railroad Depot was a great tasting pizza place with trains running around the walls...

A title loans place is in the Brunswick, Maine location.

Bdubs

Quote from: JimSawhill on January 16, 2016, 11:30:02 AM

That's Pizza Works in the train station. Very cool place with the model train railroad.
All of the Pizza Huts I listed are just sitting vacant.

retailfan

pizza hut is closing a lot of there dine in stores and going to more of a pick up and delivery service . several stores in indy area have done that . just a small strip center location with no tables  just a counter .

Hudsons81

Not even the pick-up-only locations are immune to getting shut down. There were two pick-up-only Pizza Huts around here that closed in the past.

TheFugitive

Pizza Hut has done this on Route 88 in Bethel Park, PA.

They closed a freestanding Pizza Hut location in the parking lot across from Walmart,
and moved into a storefront in a strip center 1/4 mile up the road.  The new location
is take-out only.

There was an existing pizza place in that strip mall that was driven out of business
after Pizza Hut came in.  I always assumed these places had language in their leases
that would prohibit this.  I guess not.

The former Pizza Hut by Walmart re-opened as a Chinese Buffet called the Rice Inn.
The prior Chinese Buffet (Dynasty Buffet, next door in an old Ponderosa Steak House)
was torn down.