Jamesway

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

hears a jamesway that caught fire:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears one iof there logos they used on many of there stores:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

hey caldor when did they start using that one? looks very late 80's-early 90's to me..

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
hey caldor when did they start using that one? looks very late 80's-early 90's to me..

i dont know i nevre been to a Jamesway ive just seen closed ones before many of them had that logo and thoughs stores looked newer then the outher ones so i would say that is the logo they used untill there stores closed for good in 1995
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

heas a Jamesway in Carmel NY sad huh look at what happend to it:(:(:(:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
There was the Harleysville Pa. Jamesway, closed in 1990. Abandon until 2003, it was knocked down for a supermarket. I never worked there, but there was alot of shopping memories there. I also knew the Warrington Pa. Jamesway. Shut down sometime during the 80's. The building was gutted, along with the rest of the shopping center, in the mid-90's. The Jamesway is now a Redner's Warehouse Market. There isn't much left of Jamesway. :no:

i doubt thoughs Jamesways closed in the 80's

Jamesway clsoed 11 stores in 1991

again in 1994 with 23 stores and they colsed for good in december 1995 with only 95 stores

i only know of one Jamesway that is still vacant it has been vacant since 1994 the logo has sice been takeing off this store is located in the Dutchess Mall in Fishkill NY this mall in complety dead and  is beeing torn down for a home depot the Old Jamesway and Service Merchandise are gonna be unharmed bye the evile Homedepot

this Jamesway was once a Mays Dept store the May comapny still owns the propity
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
There was the Harleysville Pa. Jamesway, closed in 1990. Abandon until 2003, it was knocked down for a supermarket. I never worked there, but there was alot of shopping memories there. I also knew the Warrington Pa. Jamesway. Shut down sometime during the 80's. The building was gutted, along with the rest of the shopping center, in the mid-90's. The Jamesway is now a Redner's Warehouse Market. There isn't much left of Jamesway. :no:

again in 1994 with 23 stores and they colsed for good in december 1995 with only 95 stores

i only know of one Jamesway that is still vacant it has been vacant since 1994 the logo has sice been takeing off this store is located in the Dutchess Mall in Fishkill NY this mall in complety dead and  is beeing torn down for a home depot the Old Jamesway and Service Merchandise are gonna be unharmed bye the evile Homedepot

Well, the Harleysville one closed in 1991, started to close in 1990. The Warrington one I know closed sometime during the 80's.

store215

storehistoryguy , check your U2U messages

Caldor1999

Well, the Harleysville one closed in 1991, started to close in 1990. The Warrington one I know closed sometime during the 80's.

mabay the one that closed during the 80s relocated
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
What I would've wanted Jamesway new logo to be this LOL

Hey! You stole that that from me! :flaming::insane:

Caldor1999

lemme get on this Ames+J+way=Jamesway joke LOL

heres my logo idea all did in Paint!

BTW Where was Jamesway founded?

Jamesway was founded in Jamestown New York in 1961 and thats how they got the name Jamesway

by 1990 there was 135 jamesway storea at there peak
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

lemme get on this Ames+J+way=Jamesway joke LOL

heres my logo idea all did in Paint!

BTW Where was Jamesway founded?

Jamesway was founded in Jamestown New York in 1961 and thats how they got the name Jamesway

by 1990 there was 135 jamesway storea at there peak

Hmmm. I didn't know that.

Caldor1999

yea i find old acrtlces on them and thats what it told me
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Recieving box with the hours!!!!!! :o

storehistoryguy

This sign is for Jamesway Farm Service, but it would have been good for Jamesway Discount Department Stores too. :yup:

Caldor1999

hears the old logo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a diffrent pic

this store kida looks like a woolco i also rememebr seeing this store back in 1998 it was all fenced off the lights were still on isde and the logo lit up too and the parking lot was coverd with plants
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a Jamesway seavill New Jersey Vacant as of 2002
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a grand opening of one of there stores these pics have gonna br from 1988 1989 or 1990
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

cheack out lines
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

inside jamesway
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

soem old lady walking in teh toy dept nodiced teh orange panting on the flor
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

clown at jamesway opening
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

messy cheack out lines
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

this pic is funny:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Jamesway slogen WE CARE
Caldor Forever!