New NFL Season Brings Ugly Uniforms

Started by TheFugitive, September 15, 2015, 01:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

So the first weekend of the NFL season is in the books.
While watching games the first thing I noticed was the assortment of exceptionally
ugly new uniforms. 

First I watched the Cleveland Browns playing the Jets.  Cleveland wore their orange helmets
and orange pants (which some have observed makes their huddle look like a pumpkin patch.)
They added new dropshadow numbers, which were ORANGE!  And they added the word
"Cleveland" across the chest (just in case you thought you were looking at the Dallas Cowboys).
Aside from the ever-disturbing orange-on-brown combination, I found the new orange dropshadow
numbers impossible to read.

Then I caught the Tampa Bay Bucs getting thrashed by Tennessee.  They looked like refugees from a bad
video game.  They've gone to numbers that remind you of the ones on old calculators or computers
from the 1970's.  And they've blown up the pirate flag to very large dimensions to where it pretty much fills
the entire helmet.  They look like an arena league team.

Then to cap it off the 49ers were on Monday Night Football wearing new uniforms that were ALL BLACK with RED NUMBERS, along with red socks and piping.  Though I thought this impossible, their numbers were even harder to read than Cleveland's.  This one truly puzzled me because the old, classic 49er uniforms are among the nicest in all of football.

Who is making these really bad decisions?  Especially going with color combinations that make the numbers hard to read?  My bedroom set is not HD and that makes the game almost not worth watching.  Not to mention I don't know how many people are going to walk into Dick's Sporting Goods and pay good money for replicas of these.

Hudsons81

Another thing: On Sunday, I was watching the Detroit Lions getting off to a good start only to be pounded by the San Diego Chargers in the second half. The Lions' uniforms still have the William Clay Ford patch on them from last season.

MikeRa

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 15, 2015, 01:16:47 PM
So the first weekend of the NFL season is in the books.
While watching games the first thing I noticed was the assortment of exceptionally
ugly new uniforms. 

First I watched the Cleveland Browns playing the Jets.  Cleveland wore their orange helmets
and orange pants (which some have observed makes their huddle look like a pumpkin patch.)
They added new dropshadow numbers, which were ORANGE!  And they added the word
"Cleveland" across the chest (just in case you thought you were looking at the Dallas Cowboys).
Aside from the ever-disturbing orange-on-brown combination, I found the new orange dropshadow
numbers impossible to read.

Then I caught the Tampa Bay Bucs getting thrashed by Tennessee.  They looked like refugees from a bad
video game.  They've gone to numbers that remind you of the ones on old calculators or computers
from the 1970's.  And they've blown up the pirate flag to very large dimensions to where it pretty much fills
the entire helmet.  They look like an arena league team.

Then to cap it off the 49ers were on Monday Night Football wearing new uniforms that were ALL BLACK with RED NUMBERS, along with red socks and piping.  Though I thought this impossible, their numbers were even harder to read than Cleveland's.  This one truly puzzled me because the old, classic 49er uniforms are among the nicest in all of football.

Who is making these really bad decisions?  Especially going with color combinations that make the numbers hard to read?  My bedroom set is not HD and that makes the game almost not worth watching.  Not to mention I don't know how many people are going to walk into Dick's Sporting Goods and pay good money for replicas of these.

Tampa's uniforms were introduced last season, and I believe the 49ers "All Black" uniforms are just Alternate uniforms (based off their White Jerseys uniform)

I do agree that Cleveland's uniforms are horribile...
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

Interesting because I bet if you checked sales figures of NFL jerseys all of the best selling ones are
going to be the "classic" ones that have not changed in many years (Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, etc.)

TheFugitive

Cleveland has made things even WORSE by adding brown pants to their brown jerseys.
They are now dressed in solid brown.  Not a good look.