Super Cuts

Started by ynkeesfn82, September 10, 2015, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Super Cuts is a brand of salons owned by the Regis Corporation. http://www.regiscorp.com/

The one in Southington, CT is located in the Queen Plaza (the old AMES Plaza) and was one a Borics Salon - another Regis brand.

The one in Bristol, CT was originally located in the Bristol Plaza. (Bradlee's Plaza). In 2003 or 2004 they opened a second Bristol location in Shoprite Plaza when they built the new building. In 2014 the one at Bristol Plaza closed and is now part of an expanded/relocated Webster Bank.

MikeRa

I usually go to Best Cuts, another brand owned by Regis Corporation.  the one I go to is next door to Dollar Tree (former Q Ball/House of Fabrics) across from Neshaminy Mall, in Bensalem, PA
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

Regis is like some sort of haircut mafia.  The girl who generally cuts my hair at
Super Cuts told me that if you were to leave them on bad terms for any reason you'd
have a heckuva time finding another job.

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on September 20, 2015, 12:40:03 AM
I usually go to Best Cuts, another brand owned by Regis Corporation.  the one I go to is next door to Dollar Tree (former Q Ball/House of Fabrics) across from Neshaminy Mall, in Bensalem, PA
The Best Cuts at Neshaminy Square has since closed and is now a Dry Cleaners.  I now go to the Super Cuts on Frankford Avenue, in Philadelphia, that is near the Morrell Park ShopRite/Aria Jefferson Health FastCare
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

Went to SuperCuts on Saturday to use my latest coupon.

The store was VERY busy.  There were four people ahead of me with a 30+ minute
expected wait.  Initially there were only two stylists on duty, but as I waited two more
arrived, clocked in and went to work.

The one stylist closest to where I was waiting was a tall, very attractive blonde girl.
She had an older gentleman in the chair who frankly did not need a whole lot of hair taken off.
She was working VERY slowly as she was talking to the customer in her chair more than working on him.
She had apparently worked as a hairstylist for one of the local pro sports teams, and was bragging to
him about all of the celebrity clientele she had worked on in the past.

Meanwhile a waiting room full of people sat, and sat.
I wanted to go over and tell her to shut-up about her famous clients and finish cutting
this man's hair so the rest of us could get on with our day.

I ended up getting a different stylist, who actually did a very nice job cutting my hair.