BoRics

Started by Pikapower, September 12, 2015, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikapower

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Another Regis owned brand of hair places.

When I first moved to Southington, CT in 2003 they were in AMES Plaza near Buffet 2000. They have since rebranded as Supercuts. Never was there when it was BoRics.

Hudsons81

There is one within walking distance of where I am, in a strip mall adjacent to the Walgreens at Fort and Eureka in Wyandotte, Michigan.

TheFugitive

Twenty five years ago I had my hair cut at a BoRics near Flint, Michigan.   The young blonde girl who was
cutting it started flirting with me and ended up asking me out.

Had to break it to her that I was getting this haircut for my wedding!   ;D

TheFugitive

My local BoRics store was closed for five months after a car plowed into it.
A horrific accident that was all over the news.  The car came down the road that leads through
the parking lot (which inexplicably lines up perfectly with the front doors of this salon).  It
plowed through the store at a high rate of speed and went all the way through to the back wall.
Nine people inside went to the hospital.  The most seriously injured was a teenage girl who lost a leg.
The driver apparently had a seizure and no charges were filed.

It has just reopened and I had my hair cut there last night.
Inexplicably they have NOT added any Jersey Barriers or concrete planters to the sidewalk
out front to keep this from happening again!  I was chatting with an employee about this
and she did not understand it either.  She said they all used to joke about a car coming
right through the front door, and then one day one did.  She said she had talked with a guy
representing the shopping center's insurance carrier who did not understand why they have
not added barriers either.  He said their rates would drop significantly if they did.

I had kind of a long wait, as only 3 stylists were on duty.
Mine explained that most of the employees who were injured have not yet been cleared
to return to work.