Rax Roast Beef

Started by HoJofan206, June 03, 2005, 03:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokensafari

i'm from ohio and WV both. We used to have 3 rax locations that i know of in my area... but two have since closed and only one operates.

itwasmatt

I just found out tonight that the weirton wva rax will close it's doors for good saturday december 16,th 2006

HoJofan206

Can you get a picture of it before and after closing? :question:

itwasmatt

i sure can. i am going up for my last meal

itwasmatt

Does anyone have a rax left in there area?

ameskmart1

Bellefontaine, OH (opened 2006)
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
Bellefontaine, OH (opened 2006)

A NEW Rax? :o
The building looks awfully bland

stupidboy

hey man whats the address to the new bellefontaine rax? i am definitlyey going to go to it..if ya wanna chat on aiol sn is backofthebtmdrwr

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by stupidboy
hey man whats the address to the new bellefontaine rax? i am definitlyey going to go to it..if ya wanna chat on aiol sn is backofthebtmdrwr

the address is 1130 N Main St

Ameskid

Wish I had a picture of the restaurant itself...but this location in St. Clairsville, Ohio was still open as of 2009, but closed and was demolished sometime thereafter.

Former Rax, St. Clairsville, OH by harvestmanman, on Flickr
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TheFugitive

They have a website up.

Appears they still have 8 locations in Ohio, 2 in Kentucky, one in Parkersburg, WV
and one in Joliet, IL.

http://www.raxroastbeef.com/locations.html

A buddy of mine was in their management training program back in the day.
At the time they were running very strange animated TV commercials featuring
a character called "Mr. Delicious".

Ameskid

Wouldn't you know it - I did take a picture of the St. Clairsville location after all.

Again, this has been demolished.

Former Rax, St. Clairsville, OH by harvestmanman, on Flickr

Ameskid

Found a rather unusual use for a former Rax this week. This location was converted to a dry cleaners and car wash some time ago, but has clearly not been in business for a while. Should have stuck to the beef.

Former Rax/Car Wash/Dry Cleaners, Milford, OH by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Former Rax, Milford, OH by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Former Rax, Milford, OH by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

JimSawhill

Quote from: BillyGr on November 27, 2006, 09:45:53 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by JimSawhill
There was a RAX in Pittsfield, Mass in the 80s. Great food.

JimS

Any more info (like more specifically where)?

If I remember.. it was on Route 7...I and my ex g/f and kids were coming home from a camping trip....