Turnpike Mall (Augusta, ME) kicks out two tenants to make way for national chain

Started by retailisking, July 03, 2015, 03:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

Someone in the comments section says Harbor Freight Tools will take over the space. The combined square footage is right in their sweet spot.
http://www.centralmaine.com/2015/06/23/two-stores-pushed-out-of-spots-in-augustas-turnpike-mall/

Zayre88

Can't wait to see what will happen there.

Two pad sites are available.  A plan shows Olympia Sports moved between Petco and Tjmaxx...

The Sears lease expires in October 2017....

Zayre88

The available former Sears is now shown on an updated site plan.  The plan also shows a proposed Planet Fitness for that smaller mall space.

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on May 14, 2017, 05:54:39 AM
The available former Sears is now shown on an updated site plan.  The plan also shows a proposed Planet Fitness for that smaller mall space.
Was that smaller space the one where there was speculation about Harbor Freight going in?

Zayre88

So apparently Planet Fitness would be the tenant for that space.  Can't wait to see what will happen to the former Sears.

Thinking I may be the owner or landlord of the mall, a broker recently sent me an email through my website about having "a client interested in the recently closed Sears building for a long term lease"