2 interesting new stations launch in Minneapolis

Started by ynkeesfn82, June 14, 2015, 08:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

2 interesting new stations have launched in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Both on Low-Power translators which are repeaters of an HD 3 channel. Both are owned by IHeartMedia.

HOT 102.5 is a station playing all Classic Hip-Hop. Old School Hip-Hop from the 80s through the early part of the 2000s. Most likely this is similar too the Music Choice Classic Hip-Hop station. - Hopefully it's better than Radio One's BOOM 107.9 in Philly. I listened to Boom online a couple of times and they were playing some music from 2011. 4 years old hardly qualifies as Old School Music.

The other new station is 96.7 Pride-FM. They're targeting the LGBT community. I think this is the first time I-Heart is running this on a non-HD channel. This format is on HD2 channels of many station across the country plus the I-Heart Radio App. The problem is that the station is a bad stereo-type. I've heard it on the HD2 of 95.7 here in Hartford. They play a lot of DISCO and EDM music. I-Heart thinks a lot of people in the LGBT community like that kind of music. While it may be true I know a lot of people who are part of that group who don't like that kind of music.