Toys R Us Closing Down FAO Schwarz in NYC

Started by ynkeesfn82, May 16, 2015, 09:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

danfifepsu

what will happen w a toy sr us with all they had, ferris wheel, t rex, candy shop and doll house and ice cream place.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

danfifepsu

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 16, 2016, 11:18:02 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 16, 2016, 06:27:05 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on July 16, 2016, 09:18:04 AM
what will happen w a toy sr us with all they had, ferris wheel, t rex, candy shop and doll house and ice cream place.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/former-toys-r-us-site-in-times-square-is-being-re-imagined-1468451046

but whta will happen? I am sad of this
Did you read the article? (or are you dyslexic?)

I heard Gap and Old Navy will open in this space in summer 2017, while Toys "R" Us opens a new store in a space not too far away. The Times Square store was an underperforming location.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 03:26:58 AM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/former-toys-r-us-site-in-times-square-is-being-re-imagined-1468451046

I heard Gap and Old Navy will open in this space in summer 2017, while Toys "R" Us opens a new store in a space not too far away. The Times Square store was an underperforming location.

why was it? When it was A TOURIST attraction? I loved the ferris wheel and t rex. I Didnt know it will open a new one, IT HAS NOT.

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 17, 2016, 06:10:43 PM

why was it? When it was A TOURIST attraction? I loved the ferris wheel and t rex. I Didnt know it will open a new one, IT HAS NOT.
I know you don't like change, much like a lot of people. The Times Square Toys "R" Us was originally a movie theater in the 1930s. I guess there are some people in New York City that remembered going to that theater as a kid who saw that their theater was being converted to a toy store. It's a never ending cycle of change, we need to get used to it. Toys "R" Us has not opened a new location yet, but it will at a later date. Six flags New Orleans (formerly Jazzland) was also a TOURIST ATTRACTION, but it didn't stop them from closing it permanently after Hurricane Katrina destroyed it!

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 09:19:27 PM

I know you don't like change, much like a lot of people. The Times Square Toys "R" Us was originally a movie theater in the 1930s. I guess there are some people in New York City that remembered going to that theater as a kid who saw that their theater was being converted to a toy store. It's a never ending cycle of change, we need to get used to it. Toys "R" Us has not opened a new location yet, but it will at a later date. Six flags New Orleans (formerly Jazzland) was also a TOURIST ATTRACTION, but it didn't stop them from closing it permanently after Hurricane Katrina destroyed it!

well The store should have had more staying power but I blame it on greed, high rents. and why didnt they reopen the six flags after the hurricane I never even heard of that six flags.

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 17, 2016, 11:29:54 PM

well The store should have had more staying power but I blame it on greed, high rents. and why didnt they reopen the six flags after the hurricane I never even heard of that six flags.
Six Flags is an amusement park. They chose not to open their New Orleans park because of all the hurricane damage, they sold off most of the salvageable rides to other Six Flags parks (like Batman the Ride which was sold to Six Flags Mexico and reopened as The Goliath), the park has been sold back to the city of New Orleans and is now an abandoned, decaying mess filled with standing, but not operating rides and surrounded by swamps filled with alligators.

Now, I wish I could've visited that Toys "R" Us store, but with NY City being crowded and busy, that would be impossible for me. However, it is unfortunate that raised rents and online shopping put both the Toys "R" Us and FAO Schwarz stores' futures in jeopardy. Those stores were victimized by the changes going on in New York City.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 11:50:23 PM

Six Flags is an amusement park. They chose not to open their New Orleans park because of all the hurricane damage, they sold off most of the salvageable rides to other Six Flags parks (like Batman the Ride which was sold to Six Flags Mexico and reopened as The Goliath), the park has been sold back to the city of New Orleans and is now an abandoned, decaying mess filled with standing, but not operating rides and surrounded by swamps filled with alligators.

Now, I wish I could've visited that Toys "R" Us store, but with NY City being crowded and busy, that would be impossible for me. However, it is unfortunate that raised rents and online shopping put both the Toys "R" Us and FAO Schwarz stores' futures in jeopardy. Those stores were victimized by the changes going on in New York City.

nyc being that busy and crowded is why it shouldnt have closed, it was not just any other store.

danfifepsu

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 18, 2016, 07:37:01 AM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 11:50:23 PM

nyc being that busy and crowded is why it shouldnt have closed, it was not just any other store.

was there more to it closing than the rents? I mean it should haev made it, it was even crowded at 4 pm on near Xmas.

danfifepsu

just what went wrong w the store besides the main rent?

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 28, 2016, 09:37:58 PM
Why do you keep asking questions about that? All you'll get from me is the same answer.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 31, 2016, 11:51:34 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on July 28, 2016, 09:37:58 PM
Why do you keep asking questions about that? All you'll get from me is the same answer.

cause it was not jsut your run in the mill toys r us. and it was an international tourist destination and I feel that closing has made going to NYC for a destination go to hell.

also are flagship stores unprofitable or something?

danfifepsu

I Am down about the flagship store still and I hope they get another flagship store. and I guess NYC is not a place for families now. and that store was an amusement park too.

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 01, 2016, 08:58:56 AM
go to hell.
Not a nice thing to say, man! I know you're mad but you should not keep shoving this topic down our throats.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 17, 2016, 10:09:25 PM
go to hell.
Not a nice thing to say, man! I know you're mad but you should not keep shoving this topic down our throats.
'

wel the store had nore than just shopping and in store shopping experience should be away to compete against Amazon, the store had what other stores dont an amusement park, candyland, a barbie doll house, roaring t rex, ferris wheel.

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 18, 2016, 11:50:04 AM
go to hell.
'

wel the store had nore than just shopping and in store shopping experience should be away to compete against Amazon, the store had what other stores dont an amusement park, candyland, a barbie doll house, roaring t rex, ferris wheel.
I know. I've seen the pictures. Now it's going to be a memory.

(Please, no more rude comments.)

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 18, 2016, 10:46:02 PM
go to hell.
'

A Memory? I have beren in it MANY MANY times. why not relocate where its commerically viable. it was an attraction to tourists around the world, my pt, it was something that should have made it or is jumpign from $12 million to 50 million in rent not viable. OK, they sadi the FAO and Times square stores were costing the company 22 million do you beleive that?

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 20, 2016, 02:54:52 PM
go to hell.
'

A Memory? I have beren in it MANY MANY times. why not relocate where its commerically viable. it was an attraction to tourists around the world, my pt, it was something that should have made it or is jumpign from $12 million to 50 million in rent not viable. OK, they sadi the FAO and Times square stores were costing the company 22 million do you beleive that?
I don't believe it either, but many companies have been doing budget cuts these days, including Toys "R" Us, in order to keep their stores profitable. Past or present, staying afloat is not always easy for many retailers. I've seen a few retailers come and go in the last 20 years (I turn 30 next year).

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 20, 2016, 08:51:09 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on August 20, 2016, 02:54:52 PM
go to hell.
'

I don't believe it either, but many companies have been doing budget cuts these days, including Toys "R" Us, in order to keep their stores profitable. Past or present, staying afloat is not always easy for many retailers. I've seen a few retailers come and go in the last 20 years (I turn 30 next year).

is it Toys r us and other places are nt big on flagship stores?