AMESFANCLUB
January 20, 2018, 10:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you buy canned tuna don't buy Bumble Bee Brand  (Read 1378 times)
ynkeesfn82
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:43:24 AM »

If you buy canned tuna  don't buy Bumble Bee brand. 2 managers were charged with murder after turning on an oven while an employee was cleaning it resulting in the worker getting cooked.  Angry

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Tuna-Company-Bumble-Bee-Employees-Charged-Oven-Death-301483811.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »

Colonel Mustard did it in the Tuna Factory with an Industrial Walk-In Oven?   Huh?
MikeRa
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:54 PM »

I usually buy store brand tuna, like ShopRite or Giant/Martin's/Stop & Shop

"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"
shore72
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

Terrible way to die. Reminds me of a story I read about a man who was working inside a huge machine at a Ford transmission plant; they didn't have a proper lockout/tagout program in place so when lunch break was over the crew went back to work, didn't realize he was inside and switched it on. The write reported that they had the deceased man's job posted before the day was out Shocked

I suspect something similar happened here. If nobody knows...nobody knows.

When I was a very young kid my mother worked in the office at a Bumble Bee plant. Pretty cool to watch all those fish go by on the conveyor. That smell is still in my head, though! We used to eat LOTS of tuna back then.
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 07:49:18 AM »

My father-in-law was a diemaker at Chrysler, and shortly before he retired one of his co-workers was killed in an accident.  If you know anything about the stamping process, and how big and heavy dies are, you'd have to conclude it was a totally horrible way to go.
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 01:55:34 AM »

My father-in-law was a diemaker at Chrysler, and shortly before he retired one of his co-workers was killed in an accident.  If you know anything about the stamping process, and how big and heavy dies are, you'd have to conclude it was a totally horrible way to go.

The same applies to industrial grinding machines...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Urada

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: