Publix Supermarket

Started by truviking05, May 30, 2005, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvfx66

ynkeesfn82

retailisking

That'll definitely speed up the pace of Publix's expansion in the Charlotte market. One wonders if Food Lion will continue its retreat or stand its ground. It also heightens the pressure on Kroger to make sure Harris Teeter remains competitive.

david121

REALLY common here in FL obviously but not a bad chain. My fiance worked there for six years while in HS and college though.

silvfx66

will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the Raleigh area, the first Publix opens in Cary on Oct 29th, second store in North Raleigh is facing NIMBY opposition.  Lowes foods has been re-positioning or closing their local stores. 

TRU7536

Quote from: david121 on October 19, 2014, 02:54:39 PM
REALLY common here in FL obviously but not a bad chain. My fiance worked there for six years while in HS and college though.

Every year when I go down to Florida, always walk into them. They are everywhere where my friends live. Had to eat one of their subs since everyone raves about them. They were good as well as their bakery stuff.

david121

Quote from: TRU7536 on October 19, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

Every year when I go down to Florida, always walk into them. They are everywhere where my friends live. Had to eat one of their subs since everyone raves about them. They were good as well as their bakery stuff.

I live here now in FL and next to Winndixie (used to be sweet bay) they are the only chain. Their is ONE Albertsons left but my fiance's sperm donor of a father worked there years ago in the pharmacy ironically enough... Now he says he works for a pharmacutical company that is owned by this law group. WTF? OK random but their subs are good and they are nice big and clean stores. Working there sucks I heard.

JimSawhill

Quote from: david121 on October 25, 2014, 10:04:52 AM
Quote from: TRU7536 on October 19, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

I live here now in FL and next to Winndixie (used to be sweet bay) they are the only chain. Their is ONE Albertsons left but my fiance's sperm donor of a father worked there years ago in the pharmacy ironically enough... Now he says he works for a pharmacutical company that is owned by this law group. WTF? OK random but their subs are good and they are nice big and clean stores. Working there sucks I heard.

Working at Publix sucks?? Not sure about that as some people say it is one of the best places to work. Oh well...

retailisking

Two stores announced with many more to come. Wegmans and Publix will now have two overlapping states.
http://supermarketnews.com/retail-financial/publix-announces-push-virginia

JimSawhill

Quote from: silvfx66 on February 29, 2012, 11:55:36 AM
I am guessing publix will make it to the Raleigh area first, Wegmens is very deliberate on their expansion plans, Richmond would make sense as they move down I-95 though Raleigh is a bigger area.  Publix could do well here in NC, Food Lion is ghastly, Kroger sucks, Harris Teeter is good but pricey. 

Publix is pricey, too. I'd rather go to Winn-Dixie because it is cheaper.

Kmart4life

Winn-Dixie has lowered prices!

retailisking

Winn-Dixie has also adapted its Harveys banner for certain low-income neighborhoods
http://jacksonville.com/business/2016-05-04/story/winn-dixie-store-westside-remade-harveys#

JimSawhill

Quote from: retailisking on May 22, 2016, 01:44:49 AM
Winn-Dixie has also adapted its Harveys banner for certain low-income neighborhoods
http://jacksonville.com/business/2016-05-04/story/winn-dixie-store-westside-remade-harveys#

I wonder if they'll do more inner city W-D stores into Harvey's?

giantsfan2016

Looks like Publix has eliminated Double Coupons.

www.clark.com/publix-eliminating-double-coupons-penny-item

TheFugitive

One of my two local newspapers just went out of business.

For how much longer will coupons even be a thing?