Price Chopper/Market 32

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmesNewington

Quote from: Everything Community on June 29, 2019, 09:33:09 PM
Quote from: Everything Community on April 28, 2019, 08:11:56 PM
Current "Price Chopper" supermarket in Vernon, CT that hasn't even received the remodeled on the inside yet!
Opened in December 2004, has had seldom changes since then.

Here's a very quick sight of Price Chopper in Southington, CT! Now that they have pulled their plug on their store in Vernon, CT, this leaves the supermarket chain with 8 remaining Price Chopper/Market 32 stores in the state. I believe this store seems to be performing well in terms of rating.

This was our favorite location when they opened. I recently went there a few months ago. The atmosphere of the store was completely different. A huge store with plenty of empty space. It's so unbelievably huge for no reason. The front center aisle area where they used to have the Central Market Florist is now just small aisles filled with store brand merchandise. They struggled to keep the store looking full. It was much darker and run down than it had been since I was last there 12 years ago. It was however neat and clean and well stocked. Southington is benefiting right now from the current absence of Tops IGA which had the fire that destroyed the store. They had a huge following in town and that coupled with the Stop and Shop April/Easter strike has probably kept them going. Southington also had ShopRite as an option during the strike with Aldi and BJs as non traditional options. It's also important to note that there isn't a whole lot of options for grocery stores outside of the Southington area. There is Gnazzos and Big Y in Plainville, however, the towns of Berlin, Meriden and New Britain have only Stop and Shop, so residents most likely travel to Queen Street in Southington to shop. Newington, on the other hand, is lucky to be so central to everything, Price Chopper is one in a big crowd.

BillyGr

Quote from: AmesNewington on June 30, 2019, 08:28:15 AM
This was our favorite location when they opened. I recently went there a few months ago. The atmosphere of the store was completely different. A huge store with plenty of empty space. It's so unbelievably huge for no reason.

Guess they just didn't want to subdivide the building when they took it over from Kmart (which would explain why it's larger than most of their stores). 

Probably just never figured out a good way to fill the extra space, as they'd either have to spend a fair amount to make it into a store like their Market Bistro in Latham (NY) with a lot of extra departments (their try at a store like Wegmans has, which if they could succeed might work in an area that chain hasn't yet made it to), or get extra items that would only be stocked for one store to have a large enough variety of "regular" items to fill all the available spaces.

Everything Community

Here's a Price Chopper in Putnam, Connecticut! If you walk inside, it shows a retro supermarket upbeat that still appear in today's standards at many of their unrenovated stores.

It's almost exactly like a now shuttered Vernon, CT store but includes additional "unheard-of" supermarket decor that we never found when we had Price Chopper in our area + a local bank for a one-stop "money-saving" trip. Located near downtown!

Everything Community

Many of their stores are still open 24/7 year-round. In this case, Putnam is so lucky to have a supermarket that is open all day.

BTW, All pics of this store were taken on July 6, 2019 (proof!).

Retail Regents

Exterior of the Eastern Parkway Price Chopper under the Market32 label.

Brammy

Went to the Price Chopper in Bristol, CT today. The store was definitely busier than the one in Southington is. For the most part it seemed better maintained, though the men's room was trash. It also reminded me what a pit Bristol is as there was a thing on the wall in the men's room to deposit used needles. >:(
The Real Brammy

Retail Regents

The green Rehrigs at the Westgate location got outfitted with new wheel locks. Better than seeing boring ass Unarco M90ZXs I guess.

JSIDA17

Quote from: Everything Community on July 17, 2019, 08:52:32 PM
Here's a Price Chopper in Putnam, Connecticut! If you walk inside, it shows a retro supermarket upbeat that still appear in today's standards at many of their unrenovated stores.

It's almost exactly like a now shuttered Vernon, CT store but includes additional "unheard-of" supermarket decor that we never found when we had Price Chopper in our area + a local bank for a one-stop "money-saving" trip. Located near downtown!

My current place of employment! If you ever end up going back there I work in the meat department, my name is Brandon.

Retail Regents

The Limited-concept store at Railroad Place in Saratoga Springs is closing on April 16th.

https://www.news10.com/news/price-chopper-in-saratoga-springs-closing/

Retail Regents

Oh boy, Johnstown's carts just got the Rocateq wheels. Pushout theft must really be bad here for them to have these on the carts like Eastern Parkway and Westgate.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

You cannot see attachments on this board. 

Retail Regents

Malta #184 (an ex-Grand Union heavily remodeled in 2007) is in the process of becoming Market 32.