Consumer Reports Ranks the Top 5 Grocery Stores

Started by ynkeesfn82, April 03, 2015, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Always surprising how they do that, when so many of the chains have a limited number of stores (not like a Trader Joe which has places throughout the US, or say ranking pharmacies where the 3 major chains are quite widespread).

Not sure if it's their readers locations being near some of these stores or just the fact that people know the names regardless of where they live?

TRU7536

Quote from: BillyGr on April 03, 2015, 10:56:33 AM
Always surprising how they do that, when so many of the chains have a limited number of stores (not like a Trader Joe which has places throughout the US, or say ranking pharmacies where the 3 major chains are quite widespread).

Not sure if it's their readers locations being near some of these stores or just the fact that people know the names regardless of where they live?

I can see why Publix is number two, every time I go to Florida I go inside one. So much better than the supermarkets up in CT.

RoleModel

Why am I not surprised that the bottom feeders are Walmart, the A&P family of stores, the Albertsons family of stores, and Stop & Shop/Giant-Landover?