AMESFANCLUB
January 22, 2018, 12:17:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Former home office employee  (Read 40657 times)
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« on: May 29, 2005, 08:07:33 PM »

If you were an Ames, Hills, or Zayre employee, please post your thoughts or oppinons here. I deleted the topic about "Bill" Because it was irrelevant and no one was taking the topic seriously. So, please feel free to post about store employees here!

Joeyb
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:24:52 AM »

I worked at the Ames home office for 13 years (1987-2000).  I was there through BOTH Chapter 11's.  Any other HO folks here?
Ames_Corp
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 03:15:57 PM »

I am having problems with the site. My next post is the post to read. if anyone can help me solve the problem I am having let me know.

The problem is  all white areas are extremely large, not hing is normal size and some functions do not work, i clicked on some u2u thingy. I think that is the cause. Now what is with the one guy saying he owns AMES name and Zayre's.  From what IP. Recovery says, They still have controll over the sale of the store name, and  it is in contract by me.  The IP.Recovery website is posted below:

http://iprecovery.com/

The gentelmasn name is Jay Lussan

Hope to here from people soon.  Lets get this started!
Ames_Corp
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 03:20:39 PM »

This forum on my puter is kinds screwed this is what the post was supposed to look like.  Andy
  Yes this is a serious post!

Ames Stores Re-Opening

Hello my name is Andy Faber. I am currently working with IP Recovery (In discussions now!) to Purchase all remaining Ames assets and Trademarks. My investors and I want to re-open the stores as many as we can that are still left.
       Any former employees and Home Office employees are urged to call me at 1.305.971.8715. I want to bring you back home. Ames can not be a success with out YOU!
              A little about me I am a 27 year old college stident majoring in business mgt. and finance with a minor in education. This was a college project to take an old store name and bring it back to life. Chart progress and such. My professor and his investor friend liked it so much that they set me up with the 2 investing company's I currently have now.
               Lyons-Partners out of NYC and Triangle-Finance out of Scottsdale Arizona. Any info on sotres that are still around please also contact me. I am not always by my phone because I am at the Miami Florida store location.
             My email is little_todd@bellsouth.net. My roomate has the internet in his name but I use the email address. I have a small office that will be rented by August 1st. Again please contact me and also please use the email address. That is the best way to contact me.

Andy Faber

PS. Business Plan available upon request.
Ames_Corp
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 06:06:55 PM »

You/all can help... Track down all former employees and stores and get me telephone #'s

Andy

Call fore more info.
Ames_Corp
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 12:35:50 AM »

Most of ther places do not have info on who ownes them or leases them. Makes me sad.

Andy
Ames_Corp
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 06:58:16 PM »

A relator helped me locate all of the remaining vacant stores.  It will only be a matter of time now. Also that freak saying he owns the name to Ames and is opening up stores.  That has been taken care of.  He  apparently use to work for Ames  and tried to be a big man on campus type thing.

Andy
Ames_Corp
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 07:03:37 PM »

heres the site. it is pretty much down now. Enjoy!   It's amazing  what myself and a small group of investors can do who have verry deep pockets and free lawyers upon disposal.

http://www.towerwebsites.com/websites/index.php?username=arizonafoodsusa&page=1

Again.. Enjoy

Andy
C. Fontaine
Administrator
Expert Member

My LinkedIn profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »

Is there any websites or way to contact these investing companies?  So far I have done some research and found no Lyons-Partners or Triangle-Finance in existance, at least not in Scottsdale or NYC...  Also, the store in Miami, I never heard of an Ames that far south, so it must be pretty old!  Do you have an address or info for it?
Ames_Corp
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 05:29:50 PM »

http://www.triangle-finance.com    
http://www.lionpartnersltd.com/

These are the people I am working with. There was never a store in Miami!  I am re starting the corp.  here because here is where I live.  We have a Large untapped market down here.  The store that is going to be the first re-opened Ames Department Store use to be a Builders Square II.  Do you need any more info?  ask any questions. They will be answered!  Send me an Email and you can recieve a copy of the business plan also!
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 09:39:44 PM »

I am sorry, but i just don't believe such a thing is possible, unless you are starting like a little quicky mart and calling it Ames. It's not possible these days to start a retail store to compete with the big 3 right off the bat... it cant be done, it would take investment firm upon investment firm to complete such a task. Triangle Finance.com... looks as legit as photocopied money! My opinion!

Harris & Harris Group
One Rockefeller Plaza, Suite 1430
New York, NY 10020
Phone: (212) 332-3600 Fax: (212) 332-3601

The address above was listed for your "Lions Partners Finance Company."

( Lion Partners, Ltd.
One Rockefeller Plaza Suite 1430
New York, New York 10020 )

It is actually registered to Harris and Harris Group.

As well as the following:

Lions Partners Limited
Alan Hirsch
83 Holland Avenue
 Demarest, NJ 07627
Phone 201-681-3772
Fax: 201-767-2308
Email: finance144@aol.com

Createn on.......:Fri, Oct. 29th, 2005
Exprires on......:Sat, Oct 29th, 2004

Sounds fake to me! I did a search on the address listed above, and as well did a search for companies registered in the county and in the state of New Jersey... no such company existed in the State's records. Mr. Hirsch's address is a home address and the is what he gave when he registered the domain name. I also like the mighty professional @aol.com email address. Not one a big investment firm would us.

Ames_Corp
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 10:30:22 PM »

Triangle finance, started Music & More. My g'ma's music store. They are legit.  They have never let me down. #2  It is possable if you have a  cutting edge idea. The investment firms and financial advisors I talked too said it is possable. I know it is possable.  Meijers in michigan has prooved it.  there 75 years old. Thanks for your opinion.  This will happen.  Soon there will be the BIG 4.  Service merchendise and jacobsons are back and doing quite well.  Jacobsens has like only 2 stores and service merchendise has like 6, but there going strong!  When competiting with the so called BIG 3, first  you have to be able to take on their market and win there customers over. Two.  You have to understand what made them great, thake thoes ideas and make them better. Three. You have to go where no other department store has ever gone before.  Four. You have to market to different markets. For example here in miami the Wal-Marts market to a vast cuban  populations in most area's.  Others it is a vast hatian and africian american population who haver certain needs.  Five,  Be regional.  Offer products that  are top sellers in your region. An example would be, in the Southwest  Western  wear is king.  Now would you take western ware ideas and place them in NYC?  Or would you take hot club and tecno merchendise and  try to market it in mayberry N.C.? no you wouldent. That is how you survive. That is how you  become #1
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 10:39:49 PM »

Service Merchandise doesn't have  stores any more. They are merely an online retailer. I never said that wasn't possible!

The name of the former catalogue showroom chain is now hung on an online retailer based in Boca Raton, Fla.   - - - - ServiceMerchandise.com

So, if you say that these companies are legit, i find it very hard to believe. They don't try too hard to be professional! If i was an investment firm, i wouldn't have a website that looked like it was picked out of a template site. It would be very professional and detailed, not vague as these sites are.

You can't even compare yourself to Meijers, so don't even try to! There will be no big four, and if there are, if for sure won't be Ames! As great as that sounds, again it's not possible! lol i would love to see you take on Wal-Mart in their own territory! They have more money at their disposal than you could ever dream of. They also make more money in one super-center, than your "investing firms" probably could scrape out of their piggy banks.  And for your Third point.... "you have to go where no department store has ever gone before." Well Ames established themselves in under-served markets and did very well.. that's why they lasted as long as they did, but they quickly lost ground.. due to the fact they honestly couldn't compete with Wal-Mart and Target. Competing with Hills is one thing, but Wal-Mart and Target are another. As far as offering products that are regional. If you haven't been able to figure out, that Wal-Mart and Target already do that. They carry a lot of general merchandise in every store, but then they also carry products based on teh region they are in. Your're not dealing with stupid, uninformed, hillbillies. These guys know what they are doing, because it's selling and it's why they are as big as they are now!

Again, i didn't fall off the truck yesterday. ServiceMerchandise was revived by its former founder and is strictly an ONLINE retailer. As much as i love all these chains and would love to see them come back, i also don't appreciate been taken for a fool. And that is exaclty what you are trying to take me for! So, i would  appreciate it, if you would just be truthful and stop blowing smoke up our butts.

Ames_Corp
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 10:57:54 PM »

Correction there opening 6 brick and morder stores over the next 6 months. Including one in coral gables
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 10:59:59 PM »

Show me the press release from the site Or some kind of legit proof!

Ames_Corp
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 11:00:08 PM »

I am not blowing smoke up yer but. you may have yourhead up your rear end but that is another story. Just watch and see. As my grand'ma once said, always  make your words soft and sweet, for one day you may have to eat  them!
Ames_Corp
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »

Are you in florida?  If so it was in the news. If not then you probably wouldent of herd it.
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 11:02:45 PM »

lol i have ate my words before, but i am realist! Very professional on your part about my head been up my "rear." If you were such a big business student, the first thing you should know is when to accept constructive criticism. Because i am not going to be the only one! Actions do speak louder than words!

What was the paper? I would like to read this article.

But hey, i am not going to argue with you. Because this posting, re-posting crap is rediculous and very childish. I said what i had to say, and take it as you like. If you ignore me cool, if not cool. I wish you the best in your venture and hope everything works out according to your plans. Good luck!

Ames_Corp
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2005, 11:13:55 PM »

Token. No offence, but leave things like this to the professionals and the experts who make a living doing this.  I'm not here to throw mudd back at someone who throws it at me.  I'm just here to get all the info I need and to track down as many former employees as  I can to bring back.   I happen to be succeeding quite nicely.  Just remember.. People who never try, never succeed!
Ames_Corp
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 11:15:14 PM »

It was the local fox station  wsvn, there news cast announced it.
Ames_Corp
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 11:18:29 PM »

people are criticising my work, but thast is only a small number. I have fare more support in the category. Yes I can compair Ames to Meijers, another one of my former employers. There  still around, must mean there doing  something right.
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 07:09:51 AM »

You said that your investors and you wanted to re-open the stores as many as you  could that are still left.

I don't think it will be a great thing for a company that wants to run with the Big3.  Most valuable locations have been taken over already.  Many remaining stores are small, old, in vacant shopping centers, in the middle of nowhere or in markets surrounded by Wal-Mart, Target and others...

I doubt they are friendly places for a new company that wants to re-launch Ames stores.  

And if you were that professional, you would have done research and found out  info on stores that are still around.
It's important to know about that if your business plan includes re-opening Ames in those former stores that you don't know about.

You also said:  "please contact me and also please use the email address. That is the best way to contact me." and then said  "Call fore more info."

You also said: "A relator (realtor)helped me locate all of the remaining vacant stores"  so why ask us?

I doubt any investment company would want to invest in a new company that wants to re-open a former store-chain than plans to use old vacant stores and that would compete with Wal-Mart and Target with strategies they already have...

I never tried to start a business but i know this can't happen, good luck ...  That's my point of view

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 04:57:15 PM »

Originally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Yeah if Ames failed once I'm pretty sure it'll fail again sorry Ames_Corp.

But if its true show me some proof please.

Thank You

i would be so so so happy to see Ames comming back i would want it to be caldor but Ames would be my 2nd chouse;)

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 09:49:23 PM »

Last night i emailed WSVN and the reply that i got was "Sorry we have no information on such a story."  So.. sorry bud, it looks as if though i was a little right on this one! It also seems that i am not the only one who thinks this. So, Ames_Corp, no offense, but leave it to the professionals on this one!

C. Fontaine
Administrator
Expert Member

My LinkedIn profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 10:29:23 PM »

Originally posted by Ames_Corp
Triangle finance, started Music & More. My g'ma's music store. They are legit.  They have never let me down. #2  It is possable if you have a  cutting edge idea. The investment firms and financial advisors I talked too said it is possable. I know it is possable.  Meijers in michigan has prooved it.  there 75 years old. Thanks for your opinion.  This will happen.  Soon there will be the BIG 4.  Service merchendise and jacobsons are back and doing quite well.  Jacobsens has like only 2 stores and service merchendise has like 6, but there going strong!  When competiting with the so called BIG 3, first  you have to be able to take on their market and win there customers over. Two.  You have to understand what made them great, thake thoes ideas and make them better. Three. You have to go where no other department store has ever gone before.  Four. You have to market to different markets. For example here in miami the Wal-Marts market to a vast cuban  populations in most area's.  Others it is a vast hatian and africian american population who haver certain needs.  Five,  Be regional.  Offer products that  are top sellers in your region. An example would be, in the Southwest  Western  wear is king.  Now would you take western ware ideas and place them in NYC?  Or would you take hot club and tecno merchendise and  try to market it in mayberry N.C.? no you wouldent. That is how you survive. That is how you  become #1
I take it that spelling and grammar isn't a part of your schools curriculum?  I would think someone in your field would at least know the correct form of "merchandise"?  Sorry dude, but until you can give us some real solid proof, this is sounding more and more like another scam.
Ames_Corp
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2005, 12:23:08 AM »

Well as of this tuesday I owne the names and trademarks. yes it is a re-opening. I'm nopt starting the corporation. Solvanct is still there in the ames estate. i have been monitoring this closely. You guys on this website talk about keeping Ames alive yet do nothing but this site. I'm actually doing something about it. It may take 5-10 years to get the company to where it was, and that is fine with me. I'm 27. I have pleanty of years left on my life. Now I havent opened Ames yet. but aI am working on it and I have proof.  I can post it shortly. I never said I opened a service merchendise. I have nothing to do with that. Wsvn  announced it, and it was last year in may when they did. WSVN is the local fox network affilliate. Yopu do have fox in your area right? It is the network that has the Simpsons!  Also, have I ever asked anyone for money here on this site? NO! I have not. I showed you where I was getting the funding. All I can say is sit back and wait. Any articles, news brief's anything about Ames, will  be posted here.  If you want hard coppies email me an address and you will recieve hard coppies. This will happen within 30 day time frame from the Ames Estate buyout. If you need more porrf. Go to http://www.iprecovery.com and email jay  lussan, he is the gentelman who I am working with. He can answere any  of yer questions on the progress.
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 06:16:06 PM »

Originally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
POST YOUR PROOF AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!!!!

come on now stop fighting with eachouther so hat he made a mistake get over it sorry im souding rude but just dont start fights with anyone on hear

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
Ames_Corp
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 12:38:55 AM »

I do know how to spell some. you fail to recoganize  that i  have a learning dissorder and dyslexia.  What's with the hostility? or are most of you guys just jealous? Numbers have been posted to verify financing and such.  You can easily go to www.iprecovery.com and message jay lussan or call him and verrify that  i am doing this. and about WSVN, i can't help you there. Now the reason for aquiring the empty stores is for one simple reason. Their ripe for development. It does not mater if there is a wal-mart or target near by. people will shop where they get the best price and best quality. if you guys want to disbeleive so be it. i'll be the one taking the money to the bank and you guys will be left with nothing but this site to whail and grind yer teath at the oppertunity you missed. grand opening will be october 11th in  miami florida cutler ridge area.  8 am.  you are all invited.. web page will be up and running with all available info soon.
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 02:08:45 AM »

Originally posted by Ames_Corp
I do know how to spell some. you fail to recoganize  that i  have a learning dissorder and dyslexia.  What's with the hostility? or are most of you guys just jealous? Numbers have been posted to verify financing and such.  You can easily go to www.iprecovery.com and message jay lussan or call him and verrify that  i am doing this. and about WSVN, i can't help you there. Now the reason for aquiring the empty stores is for one simple reason. Their ripe for development. It does not mater if there is a wal-mart or target near by. people will shop where they get the best price and best quality. if you guys want to disbeleive so be it. i'll be the one taking the money to the bank and you guys will be left with nothing but this site to whail and grind yer teath at the oppertunity you missed. grand opening will be october 11th in  miami florida cutler ridge area.  8 am.  you are all invited.. web page will be up and running with all available info soon.

im cool with what u post im not such a great speler my self and im 17 :insane:

Caldor Forever!

Ames_Corp
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 04:19:04 AM »

thanks. people think because you lack spelling and grammar function that yer not smart. albert einstiene had a learning dissability in math and had to have someone do math for him. but in the end he still split the atom!  i'm kool with you caldor, i'm just sick of some of the people on here who think there better than someone else. i'm not better i am just equal, equal to the smatrtest man on earth and also equal to the  slowest man on earth and every man inbetween! we are all human. yes  76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB  the last posting i made and this one are to you. take a hint!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: