Dennis Miller resignation causes headache at Connecticut Station Combo

Started by ynkeesfn82, March 30, 2015, 04:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

More than a month ago comedian Dennis Miller announced he was resigning from his radio station. Since the beginning of March they've been airing reruns of his show. Locally here in Connecticut Miller's show was heard on tape from 3PM-5PM on simulcast partners WMRD 1150 in Middletown and WLIS 1420 in Old Saybrook.

So today I tuned into to WMRD at 3PM to find out what WMRD was going to be airing in place of Dennis Miller. At 3:05PM "Barry" who hosts a show on WMRD at 5PM came on the mic and said "We have some bad news for you Dennis Miller fans. He has stepped down from his radio show. We here at the radio station were caught completely off guard by this and we have no replacement show for him. For the next couple of days (or weeks) we will be airing "best-ofs' of our specialty weekend programming while we try and find new and exciting programming. Coming up next is our Celtic Music Show - "The Celtic Cafe."

Marc's note: I call BS that WMRD was unaware of Dennis Miller's show ending. It was all over the news, social media, and in broadcasting trade publications for more than a month that Miller was ending his show. Westwood One (Miller's syndicator also announced a replacement show it would be sending affiliates if they wanted the show). Furthermore I know for a fact that right after I read in a broadcasting trade publication that I emailed a link to the article to WMRD along with a few suggestions for replacement programming.

TheFugitive

hmmm....wonder why he is ending his show?

He is from right over the hill here in Castle Shannon, Pennsylvania.