A new brand of MILK at Walmart

Started by ynkeesfn82, March 28, 2015, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

My Mom picked up a gallon of Milk at Walmart today. It was a different brand than the one they normally have. I think they usually have 2 brands in my area. - Garelic the name brand and Walmart's own Great Value Brand. We usually get the Great Value Brand. The milk my Mom got today has the name as "Price First". It was cheaper than what we normally pay for the Great Value Brand. It's also a Walmart brand as the label says "Distributed by Walmart Stores Bentonville, AR." It tastes like what milk should taste like.

Has anyone else seen this new brand of Milk at Walmart or Sam's Club or read about it?

retailisking

Milk is pretty much a commodity product. The plant number is stamped on the jug. Odds are it came from Garelick or some other nearby plant as Walmart doesn't do its own milk processing.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: retailisking on March 29, 2015, 09:41:53 AM
Milk is pretty much a commodity product. The plant number is stamped on the jug. Odds are it came from Garelick or some other nearby plant as Walmart doesn't do its own milk processing.

Yes. Just like in Connecticut the milk they sell at Aldi comes from Guida's  in New Britain, Connecticut. They don't sell Guida's brand milk, but on more than one occasion I've see the Guida's delivery truck at Aldi making a delivery. Someone told me Big Y Milk is also made by Guida's.

TheFugitive

Milk processing is a pretty involved and specialized business.  I doubt any retail chains
are doing this on their own.  Most likely they contract with a dairy to have it privately
labeled.  Plus it is such a perishable commodity it makes sense to have the most local
supplier that you can.

HannafordHearts

A friend of mine on Flickr was posting pictures of this new brand as well. There's also Price First toaster pastries, orange juice, wheat bread, peanut butter, and mayonnaise. I have yet to see this brand at my local Walmart in East Greenbush, NY, but I haven't been there in a while so who knows.

MikeRa

Quote from: retailisking on March 29, 2015, 09:41:53 AM
That is correct.  In my area, Lehigh Valley Dairy Farms makes Walmart, A&P, SuperValu, Giant, Target, and Rosenberger's products
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

MikeRa

Quote from: HannafordHearts on April 03, 2015, 05:22:59 PM
A friend of mine on Flickr was posting pictures of this new brand as well. There's also Price First toaster pastries, orange juice, wheat bread, peanut butter, and mayonnaise. I have yet to see this brand at my local Walmart in East Greenbush, NY, but I haven't been there in a while so who knows.
There is also Enriched White Bread as well.  All my local Walmarts are selling ths brand.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"