Future Shop closing stores across Canada

Started by Zayre88, March 28, 2015, 09:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

The company said it was shutting down 66 Future Shop stores effective immediately. Meanwhile, another 65 stores will be closed for a week while they're converted to Best Buy stores!

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on March 28, 2015, 09:25:46 AM
The company said it was shutting down 66 Future Shop stores effective immediately. Meanwhile, another 65 stores will be closed for a week while they're converted to Best Buy stores!

I'm kind of surprised that Best Buy maintained two separate banners for so many years after the buyout.

Zayre88

Quote from: retailisking on March 28, 2015, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: Zayre88 on March 28, 2015, 09:25:46 AM

I'm kind of surprised that Best Buy maintained two separate banners for so many years after the buyout.

True, at a Mall in Quebec City they opened up a brand new Best Buy in a new mall extension and kept the free-standing Future Ship in the mall's parking lot, yards away... very odd.

retailisking

One story about the shutdown said that at the time of the Future Shop buyout it was expected that the banner would be retired within four years or so.

Zayre88

A former Future Shop in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada:

Another location in Quebec City will become a Marshalls.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Zayre88 on April 23, 2016, 11:00:22 AM
A former Future Shop in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada:

Another location in Quebec City will become a Marshalls.

Nice building...i wonder what it'll become?