Kmart bashing

Started by Zayre88, January 05, 2005, 10:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by NJF
So whats the deal with that Kohls-Kmart logo? Is that a joke?  Or did they have a combined store someplace?

It's a joke, however there are a few cases where a Kohl's is right next to a still-open Kmart.

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here are some famous Kmart logos, you have the old 70's-80's red K and mart.  The 90's red K with white Mart inside, the BIG Kmart, Super Kmart (with "Super" over and at left of the red K)  the "Super K Center" (and you see the budget Kmart had on neons....) you should read: PR "Kart" Cet:yup:

Then you have the lime & green logo, with the smaller white mart moved to the right, the Kmart logo in Australia (based on the old Kmart logo #1.., the Kohl's mart logo, the Wal-Mart version of Kmart, and the new plain red K with red kmart letters below, you should read (K Kmart) ...

Its a pain when some of the letters floresent/neon lights go out It makes any place look cheap:flaming::barf:

But its funny sometimes too:insane::cool:

BTW what happened to the Ames green Kmart logo?:huh:

I liked that one!:bigsmile::bigsmile:

store215

I liked that one!:bigsmile::bigsmile: [/quote]

Just a thing they used on their bags for a while, nothing else was done with it. I did find a Kmart bag with just a big blue K (late 90's logo) so I know it does (did) exist:yup:

As a side note, I was in Kmart a week or two ago and some of their bigger bags are black with a silver K and mart (new logo). Looks pretty cool. This may have just been something for the holidays or leftover though

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

I liked that one!:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Just a thing they used on their bags for a while, nothing else was done with it. I did find a Kmart bag with just a big blue K (late 90's logo) so I know it does (did) exist:yup:

As a side note, I was in Kmart a week or two ago and some of their bigger bags are black with a silver K and mart (new logo). Looks pretty cool. This may have just been something for the holidays or leftover though [/quote]

yeah but you or someone else posted an Ames green 1990s Kmart logo I remember seeing it on the previous site!

Caldor1999

u guys are forgeten they r better then wal mart but they do a nace job riping off target
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

shakethis1234

I watch the news this morning and their changeing thie logal again Soon Kmart Might be Sears Asechtals

Caldor1999

Kmarts  not gonna be aronud much longer i guess by 2010 Kmart will be gone
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

shakethis1234

Iam Guessing Walmart would be gone by 2010. Something will happen. Kmart was big in the Early 90s in the Fulton Syracuse Auburn Ny they had 2 kmarts in Auburn. Walmarts Wernt even around this area at that time. Jamesway Woolworths Kmarts Ames. Walmart can only get so big . If they do get even bigger I think the government would step in. Just  like the government did back in the late 1800 and 1900 break up the Rockefellow oil company

SomeBeach

To Shakethis1234 -- That is the worst spelling of "Essentials" I've ever seen.

Two stores in Flint, MI have just the red K with white Mart in it, but no swoosh and no "BIG". Small wonder, since each store is about the size of an Old Navy.

And why can't I see the logos on this page?

As for the Kohl's-mart thing, how about the Kohl's in Westwood Mall, Maruqette, MI that used to BE a Kmart (and possibly a PrangeWay before that)?

76fanAmesmanBBTB

HEY CHECK OUT MY CONCEPT :bigsmile::cool:

76fanAmesmanBBTB

HERES A COMPLETE CHANGE FOR  KMART KRESGES

AND YES THE K IS INSPIRED BY SLICK 50:cool:

Caldor1999

one thing people dont know is that the first Kmart super center opend in 1988 not 1991 WaL MART DID IT IN 88 TOO
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Call me weird, but I must say I like the original 70's-80's K-Mart logo the best. I just think it's the coolest looking, although it was dated around the time it was replaced. I was fortunate enough to see a K-Mart with old signage in- person about 10 years ago (When I was 4). It was in pretty sad shape. Of course, this store is now closed.:(

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Call me weird, but I must say I like the original 70's-80's K-Mart logo the best. I just think it's the coolest looking, although it was dated around the time it was replaced. I was fortunate enough to see a K-Mart with old signage in- person about 10 years ago (When I was 4). It was in pretty sad shape. Of course, this store is now closed.:(

There is still one store left (for now) in Sacramento, CA that has the old logo. I have a pic of it, but the site I found it on is down right now.

Jag67

WOW. I thought they were ALL gone. Sweet!!! It's probably gonna stay that way for quite some time, as K-Mart probably doesn't have enough cash to renovate it lol:dizzy:

Joking aside, maybe they're leaving it that way on purpose, for nostaliga purposes.

Zayre88

I saw a report about something going on near the Kmart in Burlington VT maybe 1 or 2 years ago and the store still had the old 70's logo.  

Here's the former Kmart in Skowhegan ME.  The store closed in 1996.  The logo was removed after a few years.

Caldor1999

hears the prodo type store in White Planes NY  a Former Caldor this store looks so nice to bad all the outher Kmarts dosnt look like this
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

I saw a report about something going on near the Kmart in Burlington VT maybe 1 or 2 years ago and the store still had the old 70's logo.  

Here's the former Kmart in Skowhegan ME.  The store closed in 1996.  The logo was removed after a few years.

i nodiced when KImart closed down some stores in 2002 and 2003 they always removed the logo and i have no idea why when Caldor Bradlees Ames Jamesway Service Merchandise and Montgomery Ward cloed they dident do that to all there stores and when Sears and JC Penny closed store they still keeped the logo ion most of thjem
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

first it was the logo from
1970s-1990s: VERY COOL VERY UNIQUE THE ONE AND ONLY TIME K-MART DIDN'T LOOK CHEAP!

then came the logo from

1990s-2004 : INTERESTING FAMILAR DIFFERENT  but unfortunately it gave the store a "cheap, soft, family" type of look ESPECIALLY WITH the handwritten "mart" within the "K" the company COULDN'T let go of it so much that tried to change their name just to Super/Big Kmart to show they were changing but refused to change the main K logo

2004-present : NEW UNHEARD OF SORTA BRINGS THE HISTORY OF KMART TO THE FOREFRONT but it has its let downs its not much of a logo doesn't look like a logo and BUGS the heck out of me that it seems to read "K" "Kmart"  WHEN ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO! If I had that font I could replicate it easily they never bothered to change the font of the red "K"

future? Kmart a new direction a new logo AND a new name (my idea see below)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

i nodiced when KImart closed down some stores in 2002 and 2003 they always removed the logo and i have no idea why when Caldor Bradlees Ames Jamesway Service Merchandise and Montgomery Ward cloed they dident do that to all there stores and when Sears and JC Penny closed store they still keeped the logo ion most of thjem

ha ha maybe they didn't have enough money to do it because they went bankrupt and GOB and Kmart is not!

My reason for Sears and JCPenny? I have no clue :bounce::huh:

Jag67

QuoteHere's the former Kmart in Skowhegan ME.  The store closed in 1996.  The logo was removed after a few years.

That photo is kinda creepy....I mean, it's just sitting there in the middle of nowhere with no cars in the parking lot and the insides blocked off. Is it still closed? When was the logo taken off?

Zayre88

QuoteHere's the former Kmart in Skowhegan ME.  The store closed in 1996.  The logo was removed after a few years.

That photo is kinda creepy....I mean, it's just sitting there in the middle of nowhere with no cars in the parking lot and the insides blocked off. Is it still closed? When was the logo taken off?

The store is closed since 1996 and the supermarket in the same plaza moved closer to the Wal-Mart.  The plaza is 95% empty now.  The Ames across the street from that store also closed in the same year.  The busy commercial area is now around the Wal-Mart.

The store is still vacant and the logo was taken off maybe two years after the closing.  Here is a picture of the inside.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

The store is closed since 1996 and the supermarket in the same plaza moved closer to the Wal-Mart.  The plaza is 95% empty now.  The Ames across the street from that store also closed in the same year.  The busy commercial area is now around the Wal-Mart.

The store is still vacant and the logo was taken off maybe two years after the closing.  Here is a picture of the inside.

WOW INTERESTING PIC YOU CAN SEE WHERE THE AISLES USED TO BE!

WITH ALL THOSES STORE AROUND WALMART YOU MIGHT AS WELL SAY GOODBYE TO THEM BECAUSE WALMART WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO BE THE ONLY STORE LEFT NEVER MIND ALREADY BEING #1:flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
hears the prodo type store in White Planes NY  a Former Caldor this store looks so nice to bad all the outher Kmarts dosnt look like this

yeah whats taking them so long!?

IS THIS STILL CONSIDERED A CONCEPT!?

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD UPDATE THE STORES ALREADY ( don't renovate the ones with the old 1970s logo leave it be Just restore the inside clean it up  A LITTLE leave somethings dated call them "Kmart vintage stores")

IT SEEMS TO ME NOTHINGS HAPPENING

Caldor1999

WOW that a blast from the past :insane: look at how outdated that store is its kinda like the old serivce merchandise in the JV Mall before it closed in 1999:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Quotecall them "Kmart vintage stores"

or how about "Klassic K-Mart"?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Quotecall them "Kmart vintage stores"

or how about "Klassic K-Mart"?

YEAH COOL!

THAT SOUNDS SWWWWWEEEETTT! lol:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I like the sound of that
"Klassic K-mart"
has a nice ring to it eh?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

hears a new name I made from the Kmart Kresge Jupiter thread

"heres a new name

he he

K-Kres-Jupi-Dor

Kmart, Kresges,Jupiter, Caldor:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::bouncing::dizzy::D:bigsmile:"

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

There is still one store left (for now) in Sacramento, CA that has the old logo. I have a pic of it, but the site I found it on is down right now.

hears that Kmart :bounce::D
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

What??!! it's closed?? I THOUGHT IT WAS STILL OPEN!!!!!:flaming::flaming: