Kmart bashing

Started by Zayre88, January 05, 2005, 10:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

I like Kmart but there's always something they do that make me want to bash them ... like changing their logo too often and closing stores

C. Fontaine

Yes, this was a fun thread!

tokensafari

lol the logos were funny... bring em back Zayre88!

Zayre88

Here are some famous Kmart logos, you have the old 70's-80's red K and mart.  The 90's red K with white Mart inside, the BIG Kmart, Super Kmart (with "Super" over and at left of the red K)  the "Super K Center" (and you see the budget Kmart had on neons....) you should read: PR "Kart" Cet:yup:

Then you have the lime & green logo, with the smaller white mart moved to the right, the Kmart logo in Australia (based on the old Kmart logo #1..,  the Wal-Mart version of Kmart, and the new plain red K with red kmart letters below, you should read (K Kmart) ...

tokensafari

i still like the green and gray logo! It's the best looking one, i think

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
i still like the green and gray logo! It's the best looking one, i think

I'm not sure about this logo... i always thought it looked like a green arrow pointing to a gray rectangle...  i can't see the K

again, here is one of the many Kmart slogan on a clean cart:

tokensafari

My K-Marts have a lot of carts that look like that but are much older. They never invested in new carts for the store. They keep re-using the old ones, and either slapping a new logo or slogan on em!  They're old, rusty, pieces of crap.

store215

My K-Marts have a lot of carts that look like that but are much older. They never invested in new carts for the store. They keep re-using the old ones, and either slapping a new logo or slogan on em!  They're old, rusty, pieces of crap.

Mine just dumped most of the ones like the pic above. I don't think there was any cart that hat those ad. panels intact. They replaced them with new gray carts, but the kmart logo is just on a sticker (old logo too), but new carts.

Chris

I thought that green and gray logo was supposed to be their new logo. During the end of their bankruptcy, they were going to change it to that? Am I right?

Zayre88

I think it was a test logo but my idea also was that it would be the official logo... It appears they finally used the red kmart!  But i think they've used the lime colors in many stores for signage.

tokensafari

I do not like their new logo.. it's too plain!

store215

Don't worry. Sadly, I don't think we will see much more of that logo after March:no:

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

Don't worry. Sadly, I don't think we will see much more of that logo after March:no:

The problem with that logo is that the "big red K" is supposed to be a logo like the bullseye in Target.  But i don't see that red K as a logo over the letters.

Why do you think Kmart will close all stores in March ??:huh:

store215

Kmart and Sears Merge in March...kmart may still hang around for a little after that, but I don't see it sticking around, atleast the name itself.

C. Fontaine

No, the Krap-mart logo looks much better written in the old-fashioned K.  Not that big new-age bloated K over the lettering.  I don't know, there's something about that K that just looks plain wrong, offset, or something.  Your right Zayre, it does look like a Target ripoff.

shakethis1234

I like the Big Kmart Logo.

Caldor99

i think the red k and the white mart was fine the way it was they just messed it up by calling it big kmart wich is the same thing as a reaguler kmart only with a difrent logo

C. Fontaine

Yeah, I also thought it was stupi when I realized they renamed them BigK

amesman

I like the Big Kmart logo too. You guys are right, the new logo does look like a Target rip off.

Here's an old school cart :bigsmile:

Zayre88

Those carts are still in use at many stores, but mixed with "more recent" gray carts...

The Big Kmart logos were probably costly to install on all the stores... and today, they have no use at all because the BIG-K concept will be changed again with the Orange or Lime-Green.  

Even when it was introduced, there were small old Kmart stores that had a paint job and a BIG-K logo !  Even then, there was almost no meaning to that BIG concept :boring:

amesman

the Super Kmart ones were the ones that should've had Big Kmart on them..heh

tokensafari

I never did understand that Big K concept. The only thing they did when they changed my local KMart to a Big K was close the auto center, and make that another holiday type thing, and then put like two aisles of freezers full of frozen food. It's pointless.. and rediculous.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
the only thing they did was chang the logo with BIG on it and also added a new line of crappy stuff i rember seeing a add for it on tv back in 1997 they had Rose O Donald and penny marshl doing the adds back then.
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
the only thing they did was chang the logo with BIG on it and also added a new line of crappy stuff i rember seeing a add for it on tv back in 1997 they had Rose O Donald and penny marshl doing the adds back then.

Oh yeah, i remember that... They were looking at jeans or towels in the middle of an aisle ...

Chris

At least, probably their help was good!!

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris
At least, probably their help was good!!
lol i don't think they can save Kmart anymore but it worked for the time

Zayre88

I don't know what to think about Kmart right now, one day i think they all will be closed, sold, or converted to a Sears concept... the other i believe Sears will keep the Kmart brand alive.  I wish it would stay around when i look at the new orange concept...

but then again, is there any room for Kmart today between Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl's and all the specialty chains of sporting goods, office supply, bed & bath, pet supplies...  

It started as S.S.Kresge Co. 5&10 stores, then came Kmart discount stores, maybe it's time for a whole new concept for the company, not just a paint job or a new logo...

That was my Kmart bashing for today :flaming:

tokensafari

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
It started as S.S.Kresge Co. 5&10 stores, then came Kmart discount stores, maybe it's time for a whole new concept for the company, not just a paint job or a new logo...

I think you're right. Maybe it is time for a "new type" of Kmart. But what that is we have yet to see. I definitely see a new image, and appeal.

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

remember this image?:bigsmile:

NJF

So whats the deal with that Kohls-Kmart logo? Is that a joke?  Or did they have a combined store someplace?