Sears bashing

Started by Caldor1999, April 16, 2005, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Went back to Sears last night to look for some last-minute Christmas gifts.

The cashier tried to sell me on signing-up for a Sears credit card.
I declined (trying to have LESS credit cards, not more).

She kept pushing and pushing, and tried to overcome my objection FIVE TIMES!
I had to keep telling her no, and the added delay was really starting to upset the
customers who were behind me in line.

I know that she has been given a target on how many new credit accounts she
must close, or else she'll be disciplined and possibly terminated.  Sears (and for
that matter all other retailers) need to stop this practice NOW!!

Chuck E. Cheese

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Kmart4life

I do not understand this STUPID company and the way they operate or how they keep going. I have been a Kmart shopper for thirty plus years and yet they close my Kmart store because "the rent was too high" but yet yet they did bot even try to renegotiate the rent which the owners were willing to do. Instead they close the store sighting it as nonprofitable. The rent and the stoppage of weekly ads in the Sunday paper are what killed the store. Oh and they said the weekly ads were stopped as a cost saving measure but yet every week we get a Sears ad. Our sears is dead no one in their right minds will walk in that store. They go to the mall and walk right past Sears! SMH!!! :mad:

TheFugitive

I purchased a quesadilla maker from Sears.com.  I had it shipped to my local store for free pick-up.

That all went quite smoothly.  Sears actually has developed a pretty good system for online
ordering and pick-up.  The problem was that the first time I went to use the quesadilla maker
the little latch that holds the top down snapped off and a black screw went flying across my kitchen.
(That was really a shame because it was a nice little unit, and it made a beautiful quesadilla so long as I held the top down manually for five minutes).

So I took it back to the store to exchange.  Again, that initially went quite smoothly.  I scanned my receipt at the self=serve kiosk and within two minutes an associate came out to help me.  They did not have any more of them in stock, so he processed my refund on a thirty-year old IBM 4683 register.

I asked whether he could order another one and have it shipped to that store.  He said he could not do that on this old machine, but said if I went out to the hardware register they could do this for me.

That's where things went awry.  The hardware register was staffed by a seventeen-year old kid who seemed just dimly aware of his own existence.  When I told him what I wanted he gave me this deer in the headlights look as if I had just asked him where they kept the spray cans full of unicorn farts.

"uhhhh.....this is hardware.  Like, why don't you go downstairs to small appliances?"  That is not what they had told me at the service counter, but I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere with this guy so I complied.

I went down the escalator to appliances, and found absolutely NOBODY working in the department.  Indeed, there appeared to be NOBODY working on that entire floor!  I searched around and only saw one woman, who may or may not have been an employee, hiding back in a corner and reading a newspaper.

So I left, went home, and reordered the thing online.  If Sears survives at all it is going to be as an online-only retailer, as that seems to be the part they've gotten right.

AmesNewington

Quote from: TheFugitive on May 04, 2018, 07:47:26 AM
I purchased a quesadilla maker from Sears.com.  I had it shipped to my local store for free pick-up.

That all went quite smoothly.  Sears actually has developed a pretty good system for online
ordering and pick-up.  The problem was that the first time I went to use the quesadilla maker
the little latch that holds the top down snapped off and a black screw went flying across my kitchen.
(That was really a shame because it was a nice little unit, and it made a beautiful quesadilla so long as I held the top down manually for five minutes).

So I took it back to the store to exchange.  Again, that initially went quite smoothly.  I scanned my receipt at the self=serve kiosk and within two minutes an associate came out to help me.  They did not have any more of them in stock, so he processed my refund on a thirty-year old IBM 4683 register.

I asked whether he could order another one and have it shipped to that store.  He said he could not do that on this old machine, but said if I went out to the hardware register they could do this for me.

That's where things went awry.  The hardware register was staffed by a seventeen-year old kid who seemed just dimly aware of his own existence.  When I told him what I wanted he gave me this deer in the headlights look as if I had just asked him where they kept the spray cans full of unicorn farts.

"uhhhh.....this is hardware.  Like, why don't you go downstairs to small appliances?"  That is not what they had told me at the service counter, but I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere with this guy so I complied.

I went down the escalator to appliances, and found absolutely NOBODY working in the department.  Indeed, there appeared to be NOBODY working on that entire floor!  I searched around and only saw one woman, who may or may not have been an employee, hiding back in a corner and reading a newspaper.

So I left, went home, and reordered the thing online.  If Sears survives at all it is going to be as an online-only retailer, as that seems to be the part they've gotten right.

I like shopping on kmart.com. I'd rather shop in a store, however, since the Cromwell Kmart closed last year, we only occasionally shop at Vernon. It's much easier to order online if we need something they have. The only one downside is that they are often out of stock with certain items and sizes even online. However you can get most things. I like their ShopYourWay Max program where you get Free 2-day shipping with orders over 25.00. The points system has been generous too lately with free cash.

giantsfan2016

Just because the location is closing doesn't give the employees the right to be rude to a customer. If I had said what the girl at the Meriden Sears said to my mother I would've been fired.

My Mom found a ring she liked. There was a girl behind the jewelry counter standing near the register. My Mom asked her if she was open and the girl responded that she was busy! My Mom and I walked out without buying the ring.

The girl should've said "I'm helping another customer. There is a register in such and such department if you would like to pay."

You never say to a customer "I'm busy."

TheFugitive

You're right, there's no excuse.

Only thing I can say is that Sears is likely scraping the bottom of the barrel for help these days.  I mean who would take the job when they might announce that your store is closing any day now?

Like the West View Park K-Mart location.  Apparently it has been sold to U-Haul but when I was there on Saturday the employees didn't have a clue.