Krispy Kreme

Started by amesman, May 27, 2005, 11:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeRa

Right now, the closest Krispy Kreme to the Philadelphia area is Scranton, PA; Rockville, MD; and Washington DC
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: AmesNewington on December 08, 2005, 05:26:30 PM
Krispy Kreme did many weird things at their Newington store like smuggling products to neighboring supermarkets at 3AM in the morning.

They weren't smuggling their products to the supermarkets. They supplied the donuts to Shaw's. They used to bake them there and deliver them to all the Shaw's. That was until some nosey woman who had nothing better to do at 2AM than to follow the delivery truck to all the Shaw's Supermarkets. Then she complained to the Newington Town Council/Planning and Zoning Commission.

Most normal people, who aren't working 3rd are asleep at 2AM or heading home from the clubs/bars. I'm up at 2AM on Friday and Saturday Nights because I'm the Assistant DJ at Illusions Dance Club. The other 5 nights I'm asleep. And if I have to be at work early on Saturday or Sunday morning I leave the club early and am asleep at 2AM.

TRU7536

Seems like the one on the Berlin Turnpike is going to become a car dealership.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on May 28, 2012, 10:07:44 AM

I thought it became a CitiBank (or a Chase)

TRU7536

Quote from: JimSawhill on June 04, 2012, 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: TRU7536 on May 28, 2012, 10:07:44 AM

I thought it became a CitiBank (or a Chase)

It was Citibank for a while, but closed when Citi pulled out in the Hartford area after they started to have Financial problems.

Chase is opening up their first Hartford area location down the street soon.

TRU7536

Seems like this location finally found a new owner after 4 years of being vacant.

Premier Urgent Care (walk in clinic) is or has opened up. Whats funny about this parcel of land, Bonefish Grill is building a new restaurant right next to it and Firestone wants to open up shop as well on that property.

Reminds of the the Caldor property, sitting vacant for years and all of a sudden, Stews, LA Fitness, and Sams all want to move it.

TRU7536

So citi Bank is still paying for the old Krispie Kreme building. In 2006, Citibank signed a 15-year lease and renovated the building, but the bank remained open only for about 18 months. Citibank is subletting the space to Premier Urgent Care. Urgent Care clinic and Bonefish Grill will occupy the two-acre parcel where the former Krispy Kreme doughnut store. Below is a design of the new Grill.

TRU7536

Former location on the Berlin Turnpike

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on January 28, 2013, 10:42:20 PM
So citi Bank is still paying for the old Krispie Kreme building. In 2006, Citibank signed a 15-year lease and renovated the building, but the bank remained open only for about 18 months. Citibank is subletting the space to Premier Urgent Care. Urgent Care clinic and Bonefish Grill will occupy the two-acre parcel where the former Krispy Kreme doughnut store. Below is a design of the new Grill.

Bonefish is coming to Newington?? Yum!!!

TRU7536

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 08, 2013, 02:10:47 PM

In July, they are building a new place in the parking lot of Krispie Kreme. Ever Green Walk opens soon.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on April 14, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

In July, they are building a new place in the parking lot of Krispie Kreme. Ever Green Walk opens soon.

A Bonefish in Evergreen Walk?? South Windsor will have a great restaurant!

Ameskid

Here's the former Krispy Kreme in Union Township, OH. I believe it closed around 2006. It was just recently demolished as part of renovations to the nearby shopping center.

Former Krispy Kreme, Eastgate, Ohio by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

A new store opened up a couple of days ago in Anderson Township - I'm not sure where the closest location to Cincinnati was before this one opened, but they are far from common here.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TRU7536

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 15, 2013, 01:34:21 PM
Quote from: TRU7536 on April 14, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

A Bonefish in Evergreen Walk?? South Windsor will have a great restaurant!

Its where Atlanta Bread use to be in Evergreen Walk

TheFugitive

The one on PA Route 50 in Heidelberg, PA is now a bank.

The one on PA Route 51 near Century III Mall is now a Chick-fil-A (the store that was
inside the mall for many years moved here).

Hudsons81

There is still one on Southfield Road in Allen Park, MI, as far as I know.

The one on Telegraph Road in Dearborn Heights, MI was originally a Long John Silver's and is now...of all things...a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combo.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Hudsons81 on July 06, 2015, 06:05:30 PM
The one on Telegraph Road in Dearborn Heights, MI was originally a Long John Silver's and is now...of all things...a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combo.

That reminds be of what happened in New Britain, Connecticut. It wasn't a Krispy Kreme though. 1015  West Main Street New Britain was a location of the Rhode Island based donut chain Bess Eaton. They closed before the whole chain went under and some locations became Tim Hortons. (Tim's has since pulled out of Connecticut). So about a year or two after Bess Eaton at 1015 West Main Street went out it became a Dunkin Donuts.

HannafordHearts

There used to be a Krispy Kreme in Latham, NY; it's now a Starbucks.

jconsolmagno

Quote from: TheFugitive on July 06, 2015, 08:15:45 AM
The one on PA Route 50 in Heidelberg, PA is now a bank.

The one on PA Route 51 near Century III Mall is now a Chick-fil-A (the store that was
inside the mall for many years moved here).

The one in Cranberry Township is now a AT&T.

I believe the one in Robinson next to the old Media Play is still empty.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on July 06, 2015, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: Hudsons81 on July 06, 2015, 06:05:30 PM

That reminds be of what happened in New Britain, Connecticut. It wasn't a Krispy Kreme though. 1015  West Main Street New Britain was a location of the Rhode Island based donut chain Bess Eaton. They closed before the whole chain went under and some locations became Tim Hortons. (Tim's has since pulled out of Connecticut). So about a year or two after Bess Eaton at 1015 West Main Street went out it became a Dunkin Donuts.

Bess Eaton was GREAT...so is 'The Whole Doughnut'

BillyGr

Quote from: JimSawhill on July 26, 2015, 01:40:43 PM

You mean IS Great?  Or are the "new" ones not so great?

ynkeesfn82

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Krispy Kreme in Green Bay (Ashwaubenon), Wisconsin is now a Panera Bread.

JimSawhill

Quote from: BillyGr on July 26, 2015, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: JimSawhill on July 26, 2015, 01:40:43 PM

You mean IS Great?  Or are the "new" ones not so great?

Bess Eaton new version I haven't tried yet, so I hope that it is great, too.

retailisking

retailisking

This article is from the day prior to the grand opening. This KK is at the site of a former Burger King.
http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/02/krazy-for-krispy-kreme/

retailisking

And, just two years later, the Auburn and Saco, ME Krispy Kremes are gone. Since the Saco opening, the former Kerrymen Pub to the left has been turned into a Ricetta's (local Italian restaurant.)
https://www.pressherald.com/2020/04/16/auburn-krispy-kreme-r-i-p/

BillyGr

Apparently they still haven't realized that this format doesn't work so well in many areas.

People are used to other chains (like Dunkin but also smaller ones and ones that used to be in these states) where you can find one just about anywhere you go.  Krispy Kreme has, since they started moving into newer areas, stuck with the idea of having a minimum number of stores that produce donuts and then offer them to other places (supermarkets, gas stations etc.) to sell. 

Not that that is bad, just a different way of doing it, but if people are used to going directly to the store to get their donuts and coffee they don't always think about getting them from these other stores.

Also not certain why they decided to do this as they were expanding (as you'll find far more frequent locations once you get into their "home" areas in the southeastern US, which seemed to work fine for them there).

Everything Community

Inside Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut