Dress Codes at different stores

Started by ynkeesfn82, December 10, 2014, 03:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Don't really know where to post this topic. (I know pretty bad considering I'm an admin on this forum, LOL). Here's a look at the dress codes at different places I have worked.

Shaw's (2001-2006):

Blue Jeans and a dark green polo shirt.

Sometime after I left the company and they closed the Southington, CT store they switched to black pants (or jeans) and a white button down shirt.

Price Chopper (2006-2008)

Tan (or Khaki) pants Navy Blue Price Chopper Polo Shirt.

Now it's Tan or Khaki Pants and a Red Price Chopper Polo Shirt

Walmart (2008-2009)

Tan (Or Khaki Pants) and a blue T-Shirt (Or Polo Shirt)

Cart Pushers were allowed to wear blue jeans instead of Tan or Khaki Pants.

Drust Family Shoprite Southington and Wallingford, CT (2010-2013)

Front End Employees: Black Jeans or pants white polo shirt or white button down shirt. Maroon Shoprite Apron.

Department Managers: Black Jeans or pants blue Shoprite Polo Shirt.

Stock Clerks: Black Jeans or Pants Maroon Shoprite Polo Shirts or T-Shirts.

Shoprite at Home Employees: Black Jeans or Pants, Grey Shoprite from home Polo Shirt

Cart Pushers: Black Jeans or Pants white polo or button down shirt. Permission can be obtained to get a Maroon Shoprite T-Shirt instead. Black shorts may be worn Memorial Day-Labor Day only.

Note: The Drust's lets all employees wear Blue Jeans the entire 2 1/2 Weeks of the Winter and Summer Can-Can Sales and when at least when I was there The First Weekend of each Month.

Walmart (November-December 2013)

No change from previous dress code. Tan or Khaki Pants Blue T-shirt or Polo Shirt.

Dress code has now changed. Tan or Khaki Pants, Blue or White Shirt, Navy Blue Walmart Vest

Hobby Lobby (September 2014-Present)

Tan or Khaki Pants, Hobby Lobby Polo Shirt or Solid Color Shirt (White or Blue) with Blue Hobby Lobby Vest.

NOTE: MEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR EARRINGS.  >:(

TheFugitive

Most stores where I worked, whether in management or prior as an hourly, the basic dress code
for men was shirt and tie.  Nonspecific as to the colors, etc.

The only exception was towards the end of my time at Shop n' Save when they imposed
a dress code that called for black pants, a white button-down collar shirt, and black tie.
This was in response to a number of female employees who were coming to work wearing
stuff that was upsetting the owner and some of the older customers.  Short skirts, low-cut
plunging necklines, etc.  They were given a dress code nearly identical to the men.  A lawyer
from the union got involved and told them that any dress code had to be gender neutral.

Female cashiers had always been required to wear a maroon smock, but girls working on the floor
had been pretty much free to wing-it.

I worked in another store where the management was upset about a number of young women who
were coming to work braless.  So they posted a dress code in the lounge which specified that "all women
must wear a bra".  We had a lady named Laverne who worked at our service desk.  She was in her mid-70's, wore her gray hair pulled back in a bun,  and wore those little granny glasses.  She wandered over to this notice, wiped off her glasses, and read the bit about "must wear a bra".  She took it down off the bulletin board, wandered into the Manager's Office, waived it in the air and yelled, "Aw, Fred.....ya CAUGHT me!!!"

It was classic!   :D

EddieJ1984

I'll list just my retail jobs of course.

AMC Theatres - 2003 - 2009
I was both a regular "film crew" worker then a "film crew" lead
Regular Workers - Short sleeved Red polo shirt with navy side panels with navy pants (both theater issued) with black socks and black shoes.
Lead workers - Short sleeved Navy polo shirt with khaki pants (both theater issued) with black socks and black shoes.

Giant Food Stores (The Carlisle one) 2011-2013
Dark Green Polo short sleeved or long sleeved shirt with Black Pants (which you provided). Any socks or sneakers.
When I started it had the giant logo on it, then it just became a plain dark green polo.

Interestingly enough BOTH jobs changed their uniforms only months after I left both. AMC would go to just black pants and black tshirts. Giant went to a light green polo with khakis or black pants.

Here is a pic of shirts form both jobs, crazy how big the amc one seems now (I went from 2xl to medium, hell even small in some cases)

Bdubs

When I first started working at Stop & Shop in 1999, part time associates in all departments were issued dark green polos with the logo on the sleeve.  Long sleeve or short sleeved (my preference was long sleeve rolled up) with no restrictions on jeans or pants. Just no shorts. In the winter, front end associates were issued sweatshirts if they wanted one.
Department heads wore a black polo. Same dress code as other employees. Dept. heads could also wear a shirt and tie if they so desired. Many of the older generation of employees stuck to the old shirt and tie dress code.

Now, part time employees wear yellow polos, and dept. heads wear purple button up shirts. They took away the right for dept. heads to wear shirts and ties.

I also believe they stopped requiring store managers to wear ties. Now they are only required to wear a button up shirt.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Shopko's dress code:

**as "ShopKo":
*1991-1998: khakis and red polo shirt.
*1999-2007: khakis and navy blue polo shirt.

**as " Shopko" (more emphasis placed on the "shop" part of the brand with the launch of a new look and logo):
*2008-present: khakis and tan polo shirt.
*2012 (Shopko's 50th Anniversary): khakis and "Shopko 50th Anniversary" t- shirt.

Hudsons81

Meijer's dress code requires the use of red and blue shirts-don't know which positions require a red shirt and which ones require a blue shirt, though. This dates way back to the MEIJER logo and continued on after the 2004 change to the meijer logo.

ynkeesfn82

Stop & Shop (October 2015-Present)

Department Managers/Supervisors: Black or Blue Jeans. Black or Khaki Pants. Company Provided Purple Button Down Shirt or Company Provided Purple Polo.

Non Department Mangers/Non Supervisors: Black or Blue Jeans. Black of Khaki Pants. Company Provided Mustard Yellow Polo Shirt.

Temporary Dress Code March 12, 2016-?: Substitute Lime Green "Nature's Promise" T-Shirt company provided for Purple or Mustard Yellow shirt.

buzz86us

Best Buy - Black Khaki and Blue shirt for sales
AP - Yellow Shirt
Geek Squad - Black Khakis
Trainee - polo shirt or better and black khakis

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on March 13, 2016, 03:24:49 PM
Stop & Shop (October 2015-Present)

Department Managers/Supervisors: Black or Blue Jeans. Black or Khaki Pants. Company Provided Purple Button Down Shirt or Company Provided Purple Polo.

Non Department Mangers/Non Supervisors: Black or Blue Jeans. Black of Khaki Pants. Company Provided Mustard Yellow Polo Shirt.

Temporary Dress Code March 12, 2016-?: Substitute Lime Green "Nature's Promise" T-Shirt company provided for Purple or Mustard Yellow shirt.

Pictured below are the front and back of the "Nature's Promise" T-shirt they're making us wear. It's better than the mustard yellow shirts we normally have to wear. My boss Gavin likes it too because although he likes his Purple Shirt because it lets people know he's the boss, he says it's nice wearing a non-button up shirt. (Most 21 year olds don't like wearing button up shirts. Hell I'm 33 and I don't like them either).

JimSawhill

Growing up, I was working in my family's business so it was mostly board shorts and t shirt (Marina work), after business was sold, Staples red polo shirts and black pants, now back in the marine business, polo shirt and shorts except at boat shows...slacks, shirt and tie...

giantsfan2016

Our dress code at Stop & Shop changed again. We got these blue T-Shirts. See my photo. Produce Department have Black T-Shirts. A few still wear the mustard yellow polo shirts. And the Department Managers are still wearing the Purple Button Down Shirts.