Save Mart

Started by df559, May 27, 2005, 02:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

df559

Here is a picture of a sad abandoned Save Mart that closed 2 weeks ago. It was replaced by a larger store down the street in an old Ralphs.

df559

A shot of inside the store

df559

Another view of inside the store

Caldor1999

lol evrey things still in there:o
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

df559

LOL! I think they're planning to move everything down to the new store a few blocks down the street....

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by df559
A shot of inside the store

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

How in the world did you get inside the store?:o

tokensafari

I'd say he did what most of us do when we take pictures of inside the stores. You put your camera right up to the glass and snap the picture. On most cameras you can't tell, unless the window is really dirty.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
I'd say he did what most of us do when we take pictures of inside the stores. You put your camera right up to the glass and snap the picture. On most cameras you can't tell, unless the window is really dirty.

lol i shoud have done that to my Ames before Hanna ford took it over
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

df559

Yes, that's what I did, I just put the camera up to the glass.
These photos I took today, they are of a 1970's Save Mart that's still open. All of them in town used to look like this, but in the 1990's they remodeled all but this one.

df559

The other side of the produce section:

df559

I really dig the weird stripes and goofy lettering on the walls!

df559

Yet another pic...

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by df559
Yet another pic...

Wow, that's some unusual looking cheese (at least in the boxes).

P.S. - I assume this is just the angle of the shot and that the cheese is in another aisle behind the pasta.

df559

LOL... Yes, the cheese was the next aisle over. There was a worker on that aisle so I couldn't take a picture from there. Plus, that store is so tiny the aisles aren't that wide and I probably couldn't have gotten a good picture from there!

storehistoryguy

They seem like a nice store. They're not around me though. I like that 70's one. Very retro! :roll:

storehistoryguy

Heres a couple. They have a very basic sign and a very basic name.

http://www.energysmartgrocer.org/Press.php

http://www.groceteria.com/

storehistoryguy

Revived Save Mart.