AMESFANCLUB
January 20, 2018, 06:40:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger King Bashing  (Read 5967 times)
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« on: December 01, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »

Ran thru the drive-thru for lunch today as I was out running some errands.

I ordered a double cheeseburger, a small onion rings, and a small coffee with cream and sugar.
The cashier seemed to have a terrible time hearing me.  She kept asking me over and over again
how many creams I wanted in my coffee.  This as the words "small Coke" kept appearing and disappearing
on the order screen.  Finally after five tries she got the coffee in there and I proceeded to the window.

Drove away and discovered that I was given fries and not onion rings.  Did not feel like going back
so I ate them.  They were fine, but not what I ordered.  Then bit into the burger and the bun was
hard and stale.

Worst was the coffee, which was somewhere between lukewarm and tepid.  Strange because part
of the cup was bubbled as if it had suffered heat damage.

I could see if I had ordered something exotic, but we can't handle a cheeseburger, O-rings and coffee?   Huh?
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »

It sometimes seems that BK restaurants are the worst, appearance-wise, of the "big three" (McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King). Whereas McD's and Wendy's have made conscious efforts to reinvent their image in recent years, Burger King doesn't seem to have done much at all.

They're probably not going the way of Burger Chef any time soon, but BK locations often seem to play second fiddle to McDonald's and Wendy's - and rightfully so.

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:53:25 AM »

It sometimes seems that BK restaurants are the worst, appearance-wise, of the "big three" (McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King). Whereas McD's and Wendy's have made conscious efforts to reinvent their image in recent years, Burger King doesn't seem to have done much at all.

They're probably not going the way of Burger Chef any time soon, but BK locations often seem to play second fiddle to McDonald's and Wendy's - and rightfully so.

There are quite a few around here that have remodeled into something that looks like this:
Bdubs

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »

They just renovated the Cromwell, CT location. Looks similar to the photo above.
A couple years ago, all the BKs in the South Eastern part of the state were all torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. They were all rebuilt looking exactly the same. The dining room is just one big room with high top tables around the perimeter some booths and regular tables and chairs in the middle.
Very drab and boring. All the play places were removed as well at those locations.
MikeRa
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »

There are quite a few around here that have remodeled into something that looks like this:

Most BK in the Philadelphia area still looks like they haven't been remodeled since the 1980's, except for the modern signage on the outside of the locations

"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »

Went through the drive-thru yesterday morning and ordered their Sausage and Cheese Muffin Sandwich, hash browns and coffee.

I was told "I'm sorry, we discontinued the muffins."

This despite the fact that I was looking right at a drive-thru menu listing several sandwiches
made on English Muffins.

"We have croissants" she told me.

I said "no thank you" and headed off down the road to McDonalds.
busman_49
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 07:45:53 AM »

I try to avoid breakfast at BK whenever possible.  I'll get something from Speedway or another gas station before I buy BK breakfast.
buzz86us

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 04:31:18 PM »

Burger King Crossiants > muffins..
Why would you want an english muffin when you can have a crossianwich
Patrick Boots CEC

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »

^ I do agree on a bias, but the fact that it was still on the board uncovered is bashable.
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »

Most of the staff at my local BK is actually very courteous and friendly.
I think BK corporate makes some boneheaded decisions though.

Now they have added hot dogs to the menu.  Yesterday was the first day for those,
and complete chaos was breaking out behind the counter.  I waited a very long time
for my order.

To their credit the manager apologized and gave me a free Snickers pie for my trouble.
Patrick Boots CEC

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 04:50:09 PM »

^
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »

To their credit the manager apologized and gave me a free Snickers pie for my trouble.

Burger King is now selling actual pies too?
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 08:30:03 AM »

Yes and actually it was quite good.  Sort of a cream pie with a chocolate crust and
ground up Snickers bar.
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 11:56:33 AM »

Unless this is different, they've had those for a long time.  That is, if it looks like a slice of pie in a similarly shaped box.  They just switch what type(s) they offer from time to time.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 05:17:59 AM »

They eliminated the sizes of their smoothies and milkshakes. And every time I want ranch dressing for my onion rings they usually only give me one.  Angry

Brammy
buzz86us

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:20 AM »

those are the franchises that I never visit again... I always get pickles and onions on my rodeo burger and they do it for free ..this is why I prefer Carols BK franchises... some franchises will charge like $0.10 per add-on or like $0.20 cents for condiments beyond ketchup... Carol's has BBQ sauce on tap
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 01:41:07 PM »

those are the franchises that I never visit again... I always get pickles and onions on my rodeo burger and they do it for free ..this is why I prefer Carols BK franchises... some franchises will charge like $0.10 per add-on or like $0.20 cents for condiments beyond ketchup... Carol's has BBQ sauce on tap

Although there are probably still quite a few people that wish they had their own brand still on tap rather than being a BK franchisee Wink
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »

Every time BK follows their competitor's lead, they almost always get creamed by the competition. The only advantages Burger King has is the size of their burgers and the fact that their burgers are fire grilled in a broiler.

Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 05:32:14 PM »

There was a time where I thought Burger King was better than McDonald's, but now Burger King is just as gross as McDonald's!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: