TVLAND yanks COSBY SHOW reruns

Started by ynkeesfn82, November 20, 2014, 11:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

TVLAND has yanked reruns of the COSBY SHOW after several reports have come out that BILL COSBY was involved in sexual misconduct with several woman. No word yet as to whether the network CENTRIC has done the same. CENTRIC is a corporate cousin of TVLAND and sister network to BET. No word either about local stations that carry the show such as WCTX in New Haven, Connecticut. NBC and NETFLIX have also cancelled upcoming specials with the 77 year old actor. As of yesterday HULU and AMAZON? were still streaming COSBY SHOW reruns.

TheFugitive

When I worked for Service Merchandise, we hired Cosby to star in a series of high profile (and spectacularly unsuccessful) TV ads.

The day the signage with his face went up all over the store we began joking that "the major career-ending Cosby scandal is going to break tomorrow!"

Twenty years too soon I guess.

Hudsons81

Will all DVD releases of The Cosby Show be recalled as a result?

mixedday

Even though The Cosby Show has been pulled from cable, and other Cosby shows from Centric, I saw that Starz!/Encore is still airing Fat Albert quite often. That movie has quite a few scenes with Cosby. As the movie is quite old and got negative reviews and with the Cosby scandal on top of it, it's surprising that Starz! is showing it so much.

As a result of The Cosby Show being pulled from Centric, it appears that  Family Matters is benefiting being run often on that network.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Bounce TV has put The Cosby Show back on the air by popular demand:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/bill-cosby-cosby-show-reruns-return-bounce-tv-article-1.2873218

I am currently watching it as I type this...

I also saw some DVDs of The Cosby Show at the bottom of the bargain bin at my local Shopko store once, when the allegations against him just began.

There's a distinction between the actor, Bill Cosby who committed the crimes and the character, Dr. Cliff Huxtable who he played on TV.